|Babel user information|
|Users by language|
Hello, I am Joan Francés Blanc, an Occitan with Czech and Romanian roots as well, living in France, working in French and sometimes in English, Spanish, Slovak, Occitan. As a citizen of a quite democratic country (even under constant police and NSA scrutiny), I find no interest in acting anonymously on the mediawiki projects.
I am a sysop and a bureaucrat at Occitan Wikipedia (over 34,500 edits since 2005), and a contributor to other projects as well (mostly: Wikidata, Commons, and French, Czech, English wikipedias, with a global edit count over 62,200).
Feel free to contact me, there is no dumb question, no silly remark, no stupid point. Any interaction brings knowledge to both parts.
- currently an employee at Bull SAS, France, a wholly owned subsidiary of Atos
- formerly employed by Devoteam, Econocom, Intemis, SMX, Sligos, MCP Industries, La Poste.
- member of the board of the Institut d'Estudis Occitans de París, a NGO in defense of the Occitan language and culture; editor of the Documents per l'estudi de la lenga occitana series.
- owner and editor, Edicions Talvera, an independent online publishing house, est. 2009
- editor, Vexill'òc, an Occitan-language journal of Vexillology, est. 1997
- member of the Syndicat CFTC union.