Welcome to Wikidata, 1-Byte!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask on Project chat. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Nice work on GADM ID (P8714). I'd be interested to know how you've done the matching so fast. I've made a Mix'n'Match set but it's automatches are of mixed quality. I'm thinking of turning to OpenRefine--99of9 (talk) 13:58, 22 October 2020 (UTC)
- Thank you, I matched the items based on the shape of Swiss municipalities. However, since some of the municipalities have been merged in the recent years, some regions no longer correlate. Unfortunately, I haven't found an universal way to match the items automatically. If you find one, I'm happy to help! --1-Byte (talk) 13:23, 24 October 2020 (UTC)