Welcome to Wikidata, 23PowerZ!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
What I meant here was mainly that the property was to be set on taxonomy authors (It is obvious), not on Taxon (That is not obvious).
I am just afraid that this property would be added to taxon elements.
If you look at Wikidata:List_of_properties you will see that all other properties are for taxon. This one is an exception.
Would you mind adding this information with your terminology or do you prefer that I add the corrected (biologist instead of botanist) information back?
Regards Liné1 (talk) 08:18, 18 April 2013 (UTC)
About Wikidata:Property_proposal/Term#Authority, could you look at my list of 'Reasons why it cannot be constructed by a template out of a few properties'?
I am a C++/Java/Database developper and taxonomist contributor and I am 100% sure that an 'official authority String' cannot be generated by a template out of a very limited list of properties. (Maybe out of 20 properties)
- My first argument is that we don't want to have an element for each author. Some are only trainee, others are unknown biologist that have identified only few species. Most of the time we don't know their first name, if they still live...
So Property:P405 (That I really like because it is very instructive) will not allow to store those unknown biologists (There are no read link in Wikidata)
- Second argument is that we would need 2 lists a authors (first authors and final authors) and list of elements are not available.
- About my first argument: What do you really propose to display as generated authority for Ameivula mumbuca: 15x unknown taxon author ?
- Is that your solution ?
- We won't have a correct generated authority until we determine all 15 authors and create all 15 elements for them ????
- Liné1 (talk) 15:00, 18 April 2013 (UTC)
Your comments at Wikidata:Properties for deletionEdit
Hi there. I follow Properties for deletion rather closely, and I wanted to reach out to you and let you know that some of your comments there have been inappropriate. While many of your contributions there are good, and I appreciate you going out and finding redundant properties and nominating them for deletion, it is important to realize that everyone is entitled to express their opinions, and it is not okay to be degrading to people you disagree with. Comments like "Stop being sarcastic. You should really read Wikidata:Property creators for once." are never appropriate.
It is clear to me that your relationship with Docu is becoming increasingly hostile, as the two of you have clashed multiple times at PfD, and your abrasive comments are directed mainly at him. The two of you either need to way to disagree without making personal attacks, or stop speaking to one another altogether. As your contributions at PfD have been largely positive, I hope you aim for the first of those two options rather than the second. Sven Manguard Wha? 17:18, 24 May 2013 (UTC)
Hello, You participiated in the discussion of the property Elo rating (P1087), so you might be interested to know that there now is a proposal for a property of a related topic: FideID. It is discussed at Wikidata:Property proposal/Person#FideID. Regards, Dipsacus fullonum (talk) 04:38, 3 August 2014 (UTC)
This is a kind reminder that the following property was created more than six months ago: P2224 (P2224). As of today, this property is used on less than five items. As the proposer of this property you probably want to change the unfortunate situation by adding a few statements to items. --Pasleim (talk) 19:05, 17 January 2017 (UTC)
- I've nominated this property for deletion Wikidata:Properties_for_deletion#spectral_line_(P2224). @Pasleim: --99of9 (talk) 01:21, 30 May 2018 (UTC)