Welcome to Wikidata, Afaz!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask on Project chat. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
- This survey is primarily meant to get feedback on the Wikimedia Foundation's current work, not long-term strategy.
- Legal stuff: No purchase necessary. Must be the age of majority to participate. Sponsored by the Wikimedia Foundation located at 149 New Montgomery, San Francisco, CA, USA, 94105. Ends January 31, 2017. Void where prohibited. Click here for contest rules.
Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia survey edit
(Sorry to write in Engilsh)
Chujiro Matano edit
- Please use name (P2561) if you want to add Japanese terms. - Bossanoven (talk) 21:29, 16 September 2018 (UTC)
How has it been collaboratively contributing to Wikipedia and its sister projects?
I would really appreciate your views on the Anyone for Everyone program.
Anyone for Everyone is a campaign to encourage and guide internet users to contribute more to Wikimedia projects. The campaign aims to encourage 19 actions/activities that anyone could do on Wikimedia projects (Commons, Wikidata, Wikibooks etc.) for the benefit of everyone. Can you help expand the list by adding bullet points?
Thanks for weaving the lines and letters that make information neutrally open to the world.
Community Insights Survey edit
RMaung (WMF) 16:26, 9 September 2019 (UTC)
Reminder: Community Insights Survey edit
RMaung (WMF) 19:52, 20 September 2019 (UTC)
Call for participation in the interview study with Wikidata editors edit
I hope you are doing good,
I am Kholoud, a researcher at King’s College London, and I work on a project as part of my PhD research that develops a personalized recommendation system to suggest Wikidata items for the editors based on their interests and preferences. I am collaborating on this project with Elena Simperl and Miaojing Shi.
I would love to talk with you to know about your current ways to choose the items you work on in Wikidata and understand the factors that might influence such a decision. Your cooperation will give us valuable insights into building a recommender system that can help improve your editing experience.
Participation is completely voluntary. You have the option to withdraw at any time. Your data will be processed under the terms of UK data protection law (including the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018). The information and data that you provide will remain confidential; it will only be stored on the password-protected computer of the researchers. We will use the results anonymized to provide insights into the practices of the editors in item selection processes for editing and publish the results of the study to a research venue. If you decide to take part, we will ask you to sign a consent form, and you will be given a copy of this consent form to keep.
If you’re interested in participating and have 15-20 minutes to chat (I promise to keep the time!), please either contact me at email@example.com or use this form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdmmFHaiB20nK14wrQJgfrA18PtmdagyeRib3xGtvzkdn3Lgw/viewform?usp=sf_link with your choice of the times that work for you.
I’ll follow up with you to figure out what method is the best way for us to connect.
Please contact me using the email mentioned above if you have any questions or require more information about this project.
Thank you for considering taking part in this research.
Lexemes on Wikidata、すごいことが始まったのですが、私には理解できません edit
@Afaz様、フォーラムなどでいつも的確なコメントをありがたく拝読しております。6月５日にウィキメディアインドネシアで始まったことがあります。今月末に辞める私が理解する必要はありません。しかし、日本語コミュニティにプラスになる、というより、これ以上、周回遅れにならないために必要な情報かな、と思います。理解できないのでお知らせや井戸端には載せません。主催者の弁です：「 adding Technology as the fifth focus area for the national chapter from now on.Signing in from WikiNusantara 2022 conference.Until now, they haven't focused much on the development of a MediaWiki developer community in Indonesia and from now it's going to be a priority.They are also looking to support Lexemes on Wikidata in the first year with the help of this developer community.」情けない橋渡し役で本当に申し訳ないと反省しております。ふさわしい方を探して数ヵ月になりますが、結局、都合のつく方が見つからないまま今月末を迎えようとしています。日本語コミュニティと各ウィキに詳しく、英語が、耳と口だけで毎日なんとなかる、という方をご存知でしたらWork with usのリンクを送っていただければありがたいです。2022年6月20日現在、私の後任の求人はまだ出ていませんが、技術者などの求人はなにかしら、常にあります。 YShibata (WMF) (talk) 06:16, 20 June 2022 (UTC)
- こんにちは、@YShibata (WMF)さん。「語彙データ」は機械学習などの分野での無料のデータへの需要から、ウィキデータで扱っていくようになりました。語彙データを元にAIを作成したりすることに関心を持つ層に届けば発展につながるかと思います。私は一括入力ができるツールが作成されたらデータを追加しようかと思いながら、ツールができそうにないので手を出していません（笑）。
- 日本語コミュニティは言語の壁もあって財団に無関心、非協力的な傾向がありますが、そんな中でもYShibataさんはよくやられたと思っています。私は英会話がいまいちなので、ちょっと難しいですね。 Afaz (talk) 12:41, 20 June 2022 (UTC)
Automated report of empty item: Q11659151 edit
Hello, an item that you have edited (and you are the only non-bot editor) is considered empty and will be deleted in 72 hours if it doesn't improve. Your automated cleaner, Dexbot (talk) 03:28, 15 January 2023 (UTC)
Automated report of empty item: Q11188163 edit
Hello, an item that you have edited (and you are the only non-bot editor) is considered empty and will be deleted in 72 hours if it doesn't improve. Your automated cleaner, Dexbot (talk) 03:29, 15 January 2023 (UTC)