Welcome to Wikidata, Antanana!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Items on genes and proteins should not be mergedEdit
Hi, I noticed a merge on a gene item and a protein item. Although related they are distinct concepts and as such should not be merged. A protein is a product of a gene. Merges like this leads to incorrect knowledge since it links gene properties to protein properties and vice versa. I took the liberty to revert the merge to the previous state of separate gene item and a separate wikidata item. --Andrawaag (talk) 11:17, 17 November 2015 (UTC)