Welcome to Wikidata, Belarus2578!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask on Project chat. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
This edit to "Vilnius University Central Campus" (Q4066906) was in error. The properties instance of (P31) and subclass of (P279) define key ontological relationships. Because subclass of (P279) is transitive, such errors lead to numerous false inferences, such as Vilnius University Central Campus (Q4066906)instance of (P31)art genre (Q1792379). Before you use these properties, please look at the value item in your statement to be sure it's the one you intend. You can also review the usage instructions on these two properties, and Help:Basic membership properties. (In particular, note that all instances of a class must be of the same type.) There is often another property better suited to expressing the relationship you had in mind; you can search for one here. In this case, genre (P136) works better. Thanks! Swpb (talk) 17:57, 24 July 2023 (UTC)