About this board

Talk page for CrystallineLeMonde.

Previous discussion was archived at User talk:CrystallineLeMonde/Archive 1 on 2020-11-21.

Explanation regarding reversion of 'member count' unit constraint?

4
Summary by CrystallineLeMonde

Resolved

Zherasonne (talkcontribs)

I noticed you reverted the application of a unit to the member count property of Q20684822 (Dreamcatcher). Per the current constraints for the member count property, one of the supported units (human, woman, etc.) should be applied to that count.

For the moment, I don't see that you've raised any particular objections against the unit constraint on the Discussion page on the member count property page.

Is there a particular (unspoken?) change occurring to the member count property that would render the application of units obsolete?

CrystallineLeMonde (talkcontribs)

I'm thinking that member count shouldn't use units, as it is common sense to think that musical groups have humans as members, unless you're talking about Aespa, which incorporates the use of virtual avatars as well. Dreamcatcher doesn't have virtual avatars, so I'm thinking that it should only have a number of members instead of number+unit.

Also, having the unit removed by maintenance bot further proves that member count doesn't need an unit.

Zherasonne (talkcontribs)

RE: DeltaBot, that doesn't necessarily support your stance of dropping the units for member counts. That rule (User:DeltaBot/fixClaims/jobs, search for P2124) appears to be designed to eliminate uses of "human" and "person" as units - it ignores more specific units like "woman", "man", etc. It seems a bit odd to have a rule slicing out the more generic units when it would be best done at the constraint.

After quite a bit of research, I can imagine a couple of different test cases that would be problematic for the current member count implementation. Those discussions should probably be had, but probably not on your Talk page.

More practically regarding member counts:

  1. I'm not entirely certain what programs or scripts have been written to rely on or use the member count property and the "expected" associated unit.
  2. I'm sure somewhere along the line someone else is going to try and "clean up" the "constraint-breaking" record again - and you'll have to sweep in and remove whatever unit is added each time.

Unless it is absolutely clear that a "less is more" approach is desirable for all known use cases (feel free to point out a particular Wikidata guideline if there is one), I would request that a fairly mild redundancy like the units on member count be acceptable until the associated constraint can be reviewed.

CrystallineLeMonde (talkcontribs)

If you have a question about the usage of units for a specific Property, use its talk page to ask your questions. In this case, use member count (P2124)'s talk page for further inquiries.

Zankoku na tenshi no these qualifier

5
Summary by CrystallineLeMonde

resolved

Tommasucci (talkcontribs)

Hi! I'm writing to you in TP because I can't do it in the edit... Unfortunately, it seems that the YT link to the videoclip is not fully recognize by the template (in it.wiki it is reported as "Voci con template Collegamenti esterni e qualificatori sconosciuti", "Articles with templates External links and unknown qualifiers"). In fact, if I remove the qualifier, the problem is not reported anymore. Maybe there is another way, but I think the best way to resolve the problem is this. Thank you in advance! --~~~~

CrystallineLeMonde (talkcontribs)

It might've been having problems with the non-Latin characters that have been in the named as qualifier. I've removed that part from it and it might work now.

Be noted that changes like that are not immediately updated in the wiki-connections, so it might take a while to use the new qualifier values.

CrystallineLeMonde (talkcontribs)

Also, the page on itwiki is in the Categoria:Voci con template Collegamenti esterni e qualificatori sconosciuti (Category: Entries with templates External links and unknown qualifiers) category since 11:18, 26 ott 2018ā€Ž (2018-10-26), so there's a very little chance that the YouTube video ID statement's addition (13:00, 2 May 2020ā€Ž) to WD was the cause of it.

Tommasucci (talkcontribs)

All right! But back then there was already the YT link, with the date "19 giugno 2018". I still believe it is the problem: otherwise I cannot explain to myself how come when I'd removed it the category did not recur anymore. But it's only our case or even in your wiki?

CrystallineLeMonde (talkcontribs)

It seems like that problem is localized to itwiki.

It might be an error of the external links template, given the amount of pages tagged with the category, or the template doesn't know how the data would be used from the data gathered from Wikidata.

Summary by CrystallineLeMonde

Resolved

Fandi89 (talkcontribs)

I'm not vandalize it, just shortened its description. I'm so sorry if my atitude just now violate the guidelines. Thank you in advance

CrystallineLeMonde (talkcontribs)

Item descriptions should begin with a lowercase letter unless it's a proper noun that starts it.

Summary by CrystallineLeMonde

Resolved

Quakewoody (talkcontribs)
CrystallineLeMonde (talkcontribs)

Oh! It was an AGF edit, I thought it was some template error, which I've came across at least once. Thanks for the explanation!

Quakewoody (talkcontribs)
CrystallineLeMonde (talkcontribs)

I know about the nowiki tag and its usage, but sometimes, Visual Editor wraps templates into the nowiki tag, which can be countereffective for some operations. Now that I have the info that DeltaBot looks for the Done template when doing the clerking job runs, I'll leave it as is when it's commented out using the nowiki tag.

There are no older topics