Welcome to Wikidata, Cymbella!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Best regards! Cycn
I use the same username on Wikipedia in French
Please, post your messages on : Cymbella Discussion
For merging items, you may want to use the merge.js gadget from help page about merging. It has an option "Request deletion for extra items on RfD" to automatically place a request to delete the emptied page. This way of nominating makes it a lot easier for the admins to process the requests.
- Hi Cycn,
- I don't understand the issue : I didn't merge personally anything, I only "played" the Wikidata Game  that was presented yesterday on Wikipedia in French. I only noticed today that all my responses appears in my contributions list as Created claim or Merged item. Till yesterday I only added or changed some links on wikidata.
- Regards, Cymbella (talk) 19:38, 22 May 2014 (UTC)