Scalar physical quantity vs vector physical quantityEdit
— TintoMeches, 15:15, 4 February 2014 (UTC)
Hi Finn, re  I can use a bot to automatically put the English title into the label for all those language, using the title in the Danish official journal list as a guide. I have proposed that we add identifiers for the Danish journal list at Wikidata:Property proposal/Authority control#Danish Bibliometric Research Indicator (BFI) SNO/CNO, and a property for the 'level' (Niveau) assigned to these journals at Wikidata:Property proposal/Creative work#Danish Bibliometric Research Indicator (BFI) Level. I would appreciate it if you comment on those proposed properties - I don't know the Danish research evaluation system very well, except that it appears to be almost identical to the Australian system - to confirm they are of the right type, or improve the proposal. John Vandenberg (talk) 07:48, 6 March 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for bringing this up. The Finnish also has a publication site with levels: http://www.tsv.fi/julkaisufoorumi/haku.php?lang=en — Finn Årup Nielsen (fnielsen) (talk) 16:32, 14 April 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for letting me know about the Finns are doing. They have a level above '2', aptly named '3', and there are many journals with a rank of '-', which I havent yet understood the meaning of (possibly not yet assessed?). Their online database with 25,0000 records is linkable and has a lot of useful fields in it, so I've requested a property for their ID at Wikidata:Property_proposal/Authority_control#Jufo ID. I think I will do a comparison of Danish and Norwegian and Danish and Finnish levels before requesting properties for those, however if you know anyone who might be interested in that data, I can load it at their request.
- User:JVbot is now loading the Danish SNO/CNO and level for journals which have an ERA ID as the first batch, which should be a very large subset of all the international journals. (It may duplicate a SNO if you have input an SNO already; a second pass will identify this and I will correct the data) Once the ID and levels are added, the bot add labels and descriptions in Danish, where those fields are currently have no value.(and I will notify you when that starts so you can spot check the results). The real fun will be after that, when the bot processes entries which have an ISSN in Wikidata but are not included in ERA, and then the entries which are 'new' Wikidata items because their ISSN does not yet appear in Wikidata. John Vandenberg (talk) 09:14, 17 April 2014 (UTC)
Direction of mergeEdit
Hi, you merged Q13378569 in Q12330340; however WhatLinksHere/Q12330340 is only used by one item while WhatLinksHere/Q13378569 is used by a dozen other items. Someone will have the trouble of fixing those broken links. Next time, it would be better to merge from the least-used item toward the most-used item. Cheers - LaddΩ chat ;) 14:50, 23 April 2014 (UTC)
Danish general election, 2015Edit
Danish and KID on CrotosEdit
For information, Danish and Kunstindex Danmark kunstværk-ID have been added to Crotos http://www.zone47.com/crotos/?l=da&p170=979541&p=1. Thank you for having made me discover Martinus Rørbye. Best regards --Shonagon (talk) 21:38, 2 October 2015 (UTC)
- Very nice display. I don't quite understand you remark about "Kunstindex Danmark kunstværk-ID" when I try, e.g., p2108=405987 I do not get a single item. — Finn Årup Nielsen (fnielsen) (talk) 01:14, 3 October 2015 (UTC)
- The "Kunstindex Danmark kunstværk-ID" is just displayed with link under artworks, with other IDs for visual artworks ; and as option for making lists like List of artworks of Martinus Rørbye --Shonagon (talk) 09:31, 3 October 2015 (UTC)
Danish parish codeEdit
--- Jura 21:21, 23 February 2016 (UTC)
Please make good use of it.
--- Jura 11:37, 10 April 2016 (UTC)
sammenslutning/samarbejde mellem museerEdit
- Hmmm... Som jeg ser det var der en fond  der er ophørt. Museet hedder "MICHAEL OG ANNA ANCHERS HUS SAXILDS GAARD", så vidt jeg kan se. Jeg troede egentlig der skulle være en egenskab der hed "fusioneret med", men jeg kan ikke finde den. Så fonden er ophørt, men huset er der stadig? Blot overgået? — Finn Årup Nielsen (fnielsen) (talk) 13:05, 22 October 2016 (UTC)
- Nu kaldes det åbenbart bare "Anchers Hus" også jvf. en folder jeg har derfra. --Villy Fink Isaksen (talk) 14:11, 22 October 2016 (UTC)
- Måske er svaret er at det kommer an på hvordan samlingerne er organiseret. Inventarnummer synes at relatere sig til Anchers Hus og maleriet er måske stadig placeret der. For museet kan man vel bruge noget i retning af "del af". — Finn Årup Nielsen (fnielsen) (talk) 17:34, 24 October 2016 (UTC)
- Nu kaldes det åbenbart bare "Anchers Hus" også jvf. en folder jeg har derfra. --Villy Fink Isaksen (talk) 14:11, 22 October 2016 (UTC)
Opretningen af egenskab for systemnummer for FBBEdit
Hej. Jeg over denne: Wikidata:Property_proposal/Place#Danish_ancient_monument_ID --Steenth (talk) 20:29, 29 January 2017 (UTC)
Participate in Wikidata:WikiProject_Heritage_institutionsEdit
Hey! I saw all of the work you were doing on Danish Libraries. We would love for you to participate in Wikidata:WikiProject_Heritage_institutions, to try to integrate more data across the broader GLAM community. Sadads (talk) 15:01, 7 February 2017 (UTC)
Hi Fnielsen, I noticed you reverted my edit here with summary "I don't understand the deletion". I will tell you: This item has both catalog (P972) with qualifier catalog code (P528) as well as P528 with qualifier P972. According to the talk page at P972 the recommended version is with P528 as statement and P972 as qualifier. So that is why I deleted this statement. Have a nice day! Q.Zanden questions? 15:19, 24 May 2017 (UTC)
WikiJournal article and topicEdit
- Hi! Very good question. I did not see Plasmodium falciparum erythrocyte membrane protein 1 (Q30314335). I suppose that Plasmodium falciparum erythrocyte membrane protein 1 (Q30314335) is a family of proteins and Plasmodium falciparum erythrocyte membrane protein 1 (Q43997683) is a description of a family of proteins. Furthermore the Wikipedia article associated with Plasmodium falciparum erythrocyte membrane protein 1 (Q30314335) is a description of a family of proteins. — Finn Årup Nielsen (fnielsen) (talk) 23:33, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
Danish Culture Canon (Q1269747)Edit
Hi Finn, this is incorrect usage of part of (P361). This should be replaced by another property. I would use catalog (P972). Can you change it? Should be easy job with petscan. Multichill (talk) 12:16, 16 December 2017 (UTC)
- I am not sure you are right. --Villy Fink Isaksen (talk) 15:07, 16 December 2017 (UTC)
- What do you mean by "you" , Villy? Me or Multichill? I think catalog would be better. — Finn Årup Nielsen (fnielsen) (talk) 17:20, 16 December 2017 (UTC)
I am wondering if we can get some arguments put forward. catalog (P972) seems ok to use to indicate a list membership, even though the list is not necessarily a catalogue in the usual sense. part of (P361) is a fairly general property and I think one should select another property if that is possible. — Finn Årup Nielsen (fnielsen) (talk) 16:56, 18 December 2017 (UTC)
Documentation of ScholiaEdit
L.A. Ring i StatsministerietEdit
Hej Finn kunne du ikke tjekke wikidata for elementer vedrørende Statsministeriets samling og komme forslag til ændringer inden jeg afslutter det? tjek gerne disse tre samlingen Q48214187, et maleri: Q51726351 og kataloget: Q51726733. Derefetr følger jeg op på det. På forhånd tak! --Villy Fink Isaksen (talk) 07:57, 12 April 2018 (UTC)
Hi! I wonder whether exact match (P2888) is the best option to link lexemes to external databases, but it surely depends on. Could you please create an item for the target database with metadata about it? -- JakobVoss (talk) 17:21, 3 June 2018 (UTC)
- @JakobVoss: DanNet (Q26932303) is the versionless item for the resource. I haven't created items for the versions of DanNet. One problem with the lexical resources is that they tend to have versions, so we would need a property for each version. ILI ID (P5063) and BabelNet ID (P2581) may be an exception. — Finn Årup Nielsen (fnielsen) (talk) 17:29, 3 June 2018 (UTC)
- How could we make a connection between statements such as most (L2333) exact match (P2888) http://www.wordnet.dk/owl/instance/2009/03/instances/ and DanNet (Q26932303)? The common URI namespace of DanNet seems to be http://www.wordnet.dk/owl/instance/, so this URI should be stated in DanNet (Q26932303). formatter URI for RDF resource (P1921) does not fit, URL (P2699) is to broad, isn't it?. What do you think about https://www.wikidata.org/w/index.php?title=Q26932303&type=revision&diff=690654098&oldid=540161368? -- JakobVoss (talk) 07:10, 5 June 2018 (UTC)
Help us improving the user experience of Lexicographical DataEdit
I’m Jan, doing research on user experience in the Wikidata team. I’m currently discussing with people who are editing Lexemes, in order to understand their needs better, and improve their experience with the interface.
We noticed that you have been actively editing Lexemes recently (thank you for that!) and we would love to have a discussion with you about what you’re doing, how you work, what motivates you to create Lexemes, and how you imagine reusing the data later.
This discussion would take place as an individual interview with one of our designers. Via the communication platform of your choice, you’ll be able to share your screen, show how you’re currently editing the data and chat with us. The discussion would take between 30 and 60 min, we will set up the appointment depending on when you are available. Depending on your preferred language, the discussion can happen in English, German or French.
If you’re interested, feel free to reply to this message or send me an email: email@example.com.
If you don’t want to be contacted by us on this topic anymore, please let me know.
Danish has no genitive caseEdit
I noticed you added genitive case forms to søndag (L21643), but according to w:Danish grammar, there are no cases in Danish. The possessive is considered an enclitic. —Rua (mew) 18:48, 17 September 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks for making me aware of the concept of enclitic. Danish: A Comprehensive Grammar (Q54140873) pages 47+ speaks of "The genitive" for Danish nouns and the book does not mention "enclitic" (not at least according to the index). So I wonder where that leaves us? — Finn Årup Nielsen (fnielsen) (talk) 22:20, 17 September 2018 (UTC)
- The Wikipedia article explains why the "genitive" is not a case. The ending -s is not attached to the noun, but to the last word in the phrase. This means that any word that can appear at the end of a genitive phrase has a genitive form, even verb forms and prepositions. The article gives a few examples. The English possessive enclitic -'s works exactly the same, and it's not considered a genitive case either. —Rua (mew) 16:19, 18 September 2018 (UTC)
Neutral forms of Danish nounsEdit
Maleri af RørbyeEdit
- @Villy Fink Isaksen: Jeg kan desværre ikke umiddelbart finde en titel. Jeg gad vide om den overhovedet har en titel? — Finn Årup Nielsen (fnielsen) (talk) 22:03, 6 November 2018 (UTC)
Def for lexemeEdit
Hi Fnielsen, what's your opinion on Wikidata:Property_proposal/periphrasis? It seems to linger there for a while and now that we have sense, I think it would be useful. --- Jura 07:08, 8 November 2018 (UTC)
Property proposal for Imagenet synset?Edit
I'm wondering if you might be interested in reviving your property proposal for Wordnet synset ID? I'm doing more with GLAM organizations and image recognition, and this would be quite a valuable thing to have not as just an "exact match" but as a proper property. I think this would be rather easy to pass since there were all supports previously - Wikidata:Property_proposal/Wordnet_synset_ID. Thanks! -- Fuzheado (talk) 11:19, 4 January 2019 (UTC)
- @Fuzheado: Yes we could do that. There are some issues, some of which was mentioned in Linking ImageNet WordNet Synsets with Wikidata (Q50347076). If we would like to be LOD'ish and like ImageNet synsets, then we should go for the specific version WordNet 3.0. It seems that the linguists have moved on to WordNet 3.1 and there are no good URI resolver for 3.0. We could also suggest both. There are a good number of BabelNet identifiers. It might be that going from Wikidata via BabelNet to WordNet 3.0 is possible. I haven't explored. For the Danish parallel to WordNet, DanNet (Q26932303), there is a Wikidata property for words (not synsets, yet), see, e.g., champagne (L40806). I suppose similar items could be relevant for WordNet. — Finn Årup Nielsen (fnielsen) (talk) 00:37, 9 January 2019 (UTC)
Source for P2763 listEdit
Hi, I'm trying to upload several protection area IDs to WD.
In Danish protected area ID (P2763) case, I can't find the search web or directory web to get the list. The generated link from ID send to a PDF pages, but I'm looking for some place with the list to go there. I see you upload several P2763, as Ø Bakker (Q3593711), and Probably you may help me. Thanks, Amadalvarez (talk) 07:33, 2 February 2019 (UTC)
- @Amadalvarez: Good question. I refound it here https://www.fredninger.dk/ . The ID is somewhat hidden, e.g., https://www.fredninger.dk/fredning/gammelmosen/ under "Fredningen og dens pleje" for "Link til fredningskendelse". I am not sure how to get to a page with a list of the IDs. — Finn Årup Nielsen (fnielsen) (talk) 18:16, 2 February 2019 (UTC)
Strange gender on L41136Edit
- @VIGNERON: Thanks for catching these errors! — Finn Årup Nielsen (fnielsen) (talk) 10:13, 12 February 2019 (UTC)
How has it been collaboratively contributing to Wikipedia and its sister projects?
I would really appreciate your views on the Anyone for Everyone program.
Anyone for Everyone is a campaign to encourage and guide internet users to contribute more to Wikimedia projects. The campaign aims to encourage 19 actions/activities that anyone could do on Wikimedia projects (Commons, Wikidata, Wikibooks etc.) for the benefit of everyone. Can you help expand the list by adding bullet points?
Thanks for weaving the lines and letters that make information neutrally open to the world.