Welcome to Wikidata, J 1982!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Hey J 1982, thanks very much for the edits. Just a little tip, in English descriptions, we only capitalise the beginning if it is a proper noun, see Help:Descriptions for more info. We also usually add "Wikipedia category" as a description if the label begins with "Category:". Hope this helps, happy editing! Del♉sion23 (talk) 22:52, 22 August 2013 (UTC)
Hi iam newEdit
- Thank you. it's is a place where different language versions of articles are linked together. Ask someone else if you want to know more. J 1982 (talk) 18:04, 22 December 2015 (UTC)
I want to ask you to be more accurate, when you changing descriptions. Especially if this descriptions written not in your native language and descriptions of items which is not well known to you. For example, Russia is not republic and what is "Euroasia"? Kamolan (talk) 15:25, 30 August 2016 (UTC)
Church of SwedenEdit
Could you answer my question on my talk page? I'd like to know what you think and what should be done to really close this problem.
Just wanted to say...Edit
Template:Azerbaijani political partiesEdit
Can you create en:Template:Azerbaijani political parties in Swedish Wikipedia?
Sädesslag eller spannmålEdit
Hej! Tack för hjälpen. Jag är dock inte helt säker på att denna ändring var helt nödvändig. Sädesslag-mallen baserad sig nästan rakt av på den engelska Cereals-mallen, som nästan bara handlar om själva sädesslagen. Info om kornen och hur man brukar dem byggde jag ut i Spannmål-mallen, så att inte den första mallen blir överlastad. Så mitt förslag är att låta Spannmål-mallen vara iw-fri så länge.—Paracel63 (talk) 14:35, 5 April 2019 (UTC)
Please stop lying about foreign language titlesEdit
"The Clown Stays in the Picture" (Q61748990) is the ENGLISH title of the episode. Maybe it will be the title in a few other languages, too. But it neither IS nor WILL be the German or French title so PLEASE STOP adding those fake "titles" because you prevent bots from adding the correct titles when the episodes are available in these countries and get those titles. --220.127.116.11 14:18, 10 April 2019 (UTC)
BLP issue Greta ThunbergEdit
Community Insights SurveyEdit
RMaung (WMF) 17:37, 10 September 2019 (UTC)
Reminder: Community Insights SurveyEdit
RMaung (WMF) 19:53, 20 September 2019 (UTC)
Import data from wikia/fandomEdit
Habo or ?Edit
I noticed you added the label "Église de Habo" on Hakarp Church (Q10516103) but shouldn't it be "église de Hakarp" (or maybe "église d'Hakarp", not sure how Hakarp is pronunced). I'm guessing it' a confusion with Habo Church (Q116603) but I'm not sure so could you tell me?
Hi J 1982, I saw that you created items for various fictional professions like fictional taxi driver (Q78680528), fictional optician (Q78817734) or fictional soldier (Q78817465). Now I'm wondering what the intended purpose of these is. For occupation (P106) statements on items of fictional characters, we use the normal non-fictional professions, since the fact that the character is fictional is already stated in the instance of (P31) statement. In an infobox about Clark Kent (Q867810) for example, his profession would be stated as "reporter", not "fictional reporter". So I'm not sure if duplicating profession items really adds any value. Regards, --Kam Solusar (talk) 14:19, 18 December 2019 (UTC)
Hold on with the television episodesEdit
Hi J 1982, I noticed this edit and that you created Q79765432. I don't agree with the creation of Q79765432. It's redundant and not in line with Wikidata:WikiProject_Movies/Properties#Episode. Did you discus this somewhere before these mass changes? Multichill (talk) 15:35, 26 December 2019 (UTC)
- The list of recently created items: Monster of the Week (Q72607030), Q73508876, Q73508879, Q73508887, Q73508888, Q73508893, Q76317338, Q76319090, Q76370263, Q76394053, Q76400706, Q76429035, Q79765432, Christmas episode (Q79766755), Q79767997, Easter episode (Q79768983), Halloween episode (Q79769107), New Year episode (Q79769844), Thanksgiving episode (Q79770458), Lucy episode (Q79770638), Q79790138, Q79842982, Q79843945, Columbus Day (Q79848748), Valentine's Day episode (Q79848760). Multichill (talk) 15:47, 26 December 2019 (UTC)
WikiProject Star TrekEdit
- No, I'm adding many other series too, and can't join every project. However we need one thing: The possibility to link to this Star Trek Database in Swedish. J 1982 (talk) 15:24, 8 February 2020 (UTC)