Welcome to Wikidata, Janezdrilc!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
WMF projects - translation of labels and descriptionsEdit
Dear Janezdrilc; I have seen you contributing at Azerbaijani Wikipedia (Q58251) and at other pages related to WMF projects. I want to let you know that the number of projects listed at Wikidata:Database reports/WMF projects has increased to more then 409; there are pages from Wikibook project pages to Wikiversity and Wiktionary project pages,
You may be interested in adding labels and descriptions in other languages, follow the discussion at property talk:P218#whats next and comment there. Best regards Gangleri also aka I18n (talk) 00:56, 13 January 2016 (UTC) / I18n (talk) 04:39, 13 January 2016 (UTC)
- Please see also: m:Talk:Facebook pages. I added more property related queries at user:I18n/sandbox#property_Wikimedia_database_name. Best regards I18n (talk) 10:38, 16 January 2016 (UTC)
Našel sem dve orodji:  za lažje ustvarjanje oseb (prirejeno za Slov.) in  za dodajanje povezav normativne kontrole iz VIAF. Za prvo se ti pojavi novo okno, za drugo pa nov gumb na levi strani. Dodati jih moraš v Special:Mypage/common.js. --Sporti (talk) 14:18, 23 December 2018 (UTC)
Can you create en:Template:Administrative divisions of Azerbaijan, en:Administrative territorial entity of Azerbaijan and en:Category:Subdivisions of Azerbaijan in Slovenian Wikipedia?
- @Sarvathi: I've created sl:Predloga:Upravna delitev Azerbajdžana and sl:Kategorija:Upravna delitev Azerbajdžana. However, your second link seems to direct to a nonexisting page. Can you check it again? --Janezdrilc (talk) 17:28, 19 April 2019 (UTC)
- This is my last request for this year.
Can you create en:Category:Wars involving Azerbaijan in Slovenian Wikipedia, just like sl:Kategorija:Vojne Armenije? The military histories of Azerbaijan and Armenia are linked. That is why it needs to be created as well.
This is also my last category request and my last request overall from you.
Unfortunately, because I live in Turkey under the Islamist dictatorship of Erdogan, where Wikipedia is blocked and banned along with thousands of other websites since 2017, it is off limits for us here. (If it wasn't, I would have sent my requests and communicate directly there, which people in freer societies are able to do.) Astonishingly, Wikidata and Wikimedia Commons are not banned yet, which are our only means of communication. But they too will soon be banned. Sorry to bother you with this long paragraph.
- @Sarvathi: Not at all. It's interesting to read about limitations you are experiencing. About category: I can create sl:Kategorija:Vojne Azerbajdžana, however at least one article should be added into the category. Do you know which one could be adequate? --Janezdrilc (talk) 11:56, 28 April 2019 (UTC)
- Hello. Thank you for your reply. When Azerbaijan was briefly an independent state between May 1918 and April 1920 as the en:Azerbaijan Democratic Republic (that is after the Russian Revolution and until its occupation and annexation by the Soviets) it fought as an independent actor in the First World War and the Russian Civil War in the Caucasus merely for survival. The corresponding articles are sl:Vojna na Bližnjem vzhodu and sl:Ruska državljanska vojna. Sarvathi (talk) 12:56, 28 April 2019 (UTC)