Welcome to Wikidata, Jtuom!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Knowledge crystal resultEdit
I suggested a new property "knowledge crystal result". However, after a lengthy discussion, it was found out to have limited usefulness compared with existing possibilities. I withdrew the proposal, but the discussion can be seen here.
Hi Jutuom, the property is now available. Please make good use of it.
--- Jura 16:38, 19 May 2016 (UTC)
Hello Jtuom, disease burden (P2854) is available. I was a bit surprised that the DALY-rate for tuberculosis (Q12204) you gave was lower than what I found by simple search. I think  (Global summery estimates) is a good source. I added a figure to cola (Q12199) as well from this source. What do you think? Kind regards, Lymantria (talk) 07:10, 25 May 2016 (UTC)
- Hi @Lymantria:. Thank you for creating the property. You are right, there are good sources for disease burden. However, I did not use WHO estimates in my example simply because I was also interested in disease burden caused by certain risk factors, not just that of diseases (which is what WHO provides). For that purpose, http://vizhub.healthdata.org/gbd-compare/ was the first reliable source I found. Before starting to use this, I will compare these sources in more detail. If there is a clear difference, what it the practice in Wikidata to choose an estimate? First decide which source is the most reliable, or upload both and make one or the other preferred, or take an average, or something else? --Jtuom (talk) 08:53, 25 May 2016 (UTC)
This is a kind reminder that the following property was created more than six months ago: incidence (P2844). As of today, this property is used on less than five items. As the proposer of this property you probably want to change the unfortunate situation by adding a few statements to items. --Pasleim (talk) 19:16, 17 January 2017 (UTC)