Welcome to Wikidata, Kospo75!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask on Project chat. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Best regards! Jon Harald Søby (talk) 10:06, 28 November 2015 (UTC)
Hi, would you mind changing "no" to "nb" in your babel box? We're trying to get rid of "no", see phab:T102533 :) Danmichaelo (talk) 21:14, 4 June 2016 (UTC)
Please merge instead of blankingEdit
Thank you for your work in maintaining Wikidata. I have a small suggestion to improve your future work. If you notice that two items are duplicates, please merge them instead of blanking one of them as you did with the page Q43268881. External sites use Wikidata identifiers, so it is important that we preserve the chain of references. See Help:Merge for more information on how to do this, and consider installing the Merge Gadget. Thanks! Bovlb (talk) 21:14, 25 February 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks for your advice. --Kospo75 (talk) 03:47, 26 February 2020 (UTC)
- Hi! I fixed up Elina Ikonen (Q58808251) for you, which had the same problem. Cheers, Bovlb (talk) 21:56, 27 February 2020 (UTC)