17:06, 10 June 2019 (UTC)
User talk:Lea Lacroix (WMDE)
LoC use of Wikidata
As this is such a big win for Wikidata, I was hoping we could make more of it than a simple entry in a list of blog posts.
No problem, I'll change it back!
I think the statements are not working correctly; when I tried to ad "Gebäude" as a "hyperonym" to "Haus" it didn't work. --~~~~
Edit: the property "hyperonym" expects a Sense as a value. However, in the Lexeme Gebäude there is no Sense yet. Can you try creating a Sense for this Lexeme, then enter a statement in the Sense of Haus, entering "L29296-S1" as the value for hyperonym?
Ahh, clever. I will try.
Mhh, it worked, but in a very technical way. So at first I had to create, like you said, a new sense for Gebäude, but I first had to move out of Wikidata to Wiktionary to get this sense (I assume the sitelinks will soon be connected with Wikidata?) and I couldn't understand how to reference this correctly, so there is yet no source. Then I had to move to Haus, but when I typed in Gebäude as a value, it couldnt be found and I had to copy paste the ID of the sense. Im listing all this not to critize but to help seeing it with the eyes of a user with low experience! To summarize:
- sitelinks to Wikidata of course
- easier referencing
- when typing in the Lemma, suggested (or all) senses could appear and I just choose
How can I add those to phabricator?
Thanks for your feedback! These are topics that we already know about and some discussions already started on the main talk page for lexicographical data.
- it is not so easy to automatically connect Wiktionary and Wikidata's lexicographical data, because the data is not structured the same way: on Wikidata we have one page per Lexeme, on Wiktionary we combine all Lexemes with the same Lemma on one page. However, it could be possible to add a property "Wiktionary link". Feel free to start a new discussion on the talk page about this.
- References can be made by adding a qualifier to the statement, just like on items. See Help:Sources
- Indeed, for now to add a Sense one need to enter the identifier of the Sense, for example L123-S1. This may evolve in the future.
Mhh Im going through your checklist and I just stopped on No 2: Of course if I want to use a statement from a source it is easy to reference that but what if I want to add a source for the sense?
I see what you mean. It's not possible to add a reference directly to the Sense, there needs to be a statement. Several options are possible, one of them would be to add the reference as a statement on its own.
Wikidata Logo for 1 Billion Edits
in probably 2 months Wikidata has 1 Billion Edits. Are there plans to create a Logo for this event and change the usual Logo of Wikidata for a few days.
Thanks for letting me know. As for the team, we don't have any special plan to temporarily change the logo or do any specific celebration. I'm not sure I want to emphasize the number of edits so much, because achieving a huge amount of edit is not a race or a goal in itself: I think that excellent data quality is the goal to reach :)
However, if the community wants to do something special for the occasion, we won't prevent you to do so. And in any case, the information will be shared in the weekly newsletter onwiki and by email.