Welcome to Wikidata, Mippzon!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Best regards! Cycn
For merging items, you may want to use the merge.js gadget from help page about merging. It has an option "Request deletion for extra items on RfD" to automatically place a request to delete the emptied page. This way of nominating makes it a lot easier for the admins to process the requests.
- I will look into it as soon as possible. Regarding the merge request, it was probably automatically added when trying out the Wikidata Game: http://tools.wmflabs.org/wikidata-game/ //Mippzon (talk) 07:00, 22 May 2014 (UTC)
Hi, I see some very recent merge requests from your account. Are you still using The Game? I ask because the developer disabled it a while ago, so it is surprising to see new merges occurring. John Vandenberg (talk) 12:21, 23 May 2014 (UTC)
- Yes, I can see that it stopped working now. Maybe it was because I had a cached version in my browser. However, not anymore. Hope I didn't cause too much trouble then. //Mippzon (talk) 12:39, 23 May 2014 (UTC)
Hi, please use "nb" instead of "no" for Norwegian Bokmål in your user page babel box. The code "no" is deprecated, and we're working on moving the remaining labels, descriptions or aliases from "no" to "nb". See Wikidata:Project_chat/Archive/2014/05#'als'/'gsw'? 'de-formal'?. Danmichaelo (talk) 00:19, 15 June 2014 (UTC)
P31:Wikimedia disambiguation page (Q4167410) for non-disambiguationsEdit
Hi. Seems that you added P31:Wikimedia disambiguation page (Q4167410) to a number of non-disambiguations. Examples: Q29105865 (hist) - client page: sv:Mechouar_Bab_Lboujal, Q29096285, Q29099892, Q29083785, and there are many more. Please find them and fix this mess. But since after you added P31:Q4167410, some bot(s) added a lot of descriptions specific to disambiguations based on this claim, now there is necessary to remove them using bots. --XXN, 15:37, 5 July 2017 (UTC)
- Almost forgot to mention: don't worry, I succeeded to find them all with the help of petscan + some SPARQL/SQL queries, and I fixed them myself. --XXN, 22:10, 14 August 2017 (UTC)