I've been using your CiteTool and it's wonderful. Today I had an issue - attempting to create a citation to Google Books I got a lovely complete citation except there was an error on the "number of pages" field. I had no way to remove the incorrect field or save with the error in place. I ended up replicating the citation by hand. Is there a better way to get around this?
About this board
Welcome to Wikidata, Mvolz!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Previous discussion was archived aton 2017-05-21.
Error with CiteTool
Ack, sorry - it's super buggy. I've temporarily disabled adding that field here: https://www.wikidata.org/w/index.php?title=User:Mvolz_(WMF)/CiteProperties.json&diff=prev&oldid=852241638
I still love it, bugs or no,