Welcome to Wikidata, Nikantmark!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Hello Nikantmark and welcome to Wikidata! equivalent class (P1709) is done to be used to map Wikidata classes (i.e. entities used as values of instance of (P31)) to external vocabularies and not to be used on all Wikidata elements. For example, we would have that states that the class tourist attraction (Q570116) is the same as http://schema.org/TouristAttraction and, so, if we have e.g. (or indirectly throught subclass of (P279)) then Wikidata reusers could infere that Vastveit Storehouse, Skansen (Q20656072) is a http://schema.org/TouristAttraction without requiring to have an explicit statement for all museums, castels... Doing so, we avoid to store in Wikidata hundreds of millions of statements that that are easy to derive using e.g. a SPARQL query and so ease a lot Wikidata maintainance. Tpt (talk) 13:17, 19 February 2019 (UTC)
- Thank you for your nice reply and for your Wikidata contributions :-). I have removed it from my talk page because you input it into the "main" description area and not in one talk thread. The next time fell free to use the "start a new conversation" input at the top of the page. Usually people on Wikimedia wikis just answer where the conversation has started. So, you actually do not need to bother with my talk page at all. Tpt (talk) 09:04, 13 March 2019 (UTC)
Label and descriptionEdit
I did some corrections on Riddarholm Church (Q657118), label and description shouldn't not usually start with an uppercase (not in this case anyway) nor end with a punctation. Description are sentences, just part of sentences. See Help:Label and Help:Description for more in-depth explanations.
Community Insights SurveyEdit
RMaung (WMF) 16:26, 9 September 2019 (UTC)
Reminder: Community Insights SurveyEdit
RMaung (WMF) 19:52, 20 September 2019 (UTC)