Welcome to Wikidata, Nikola Smolenski!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Property:P469 "lake on river"Edit
"Works" vs "Editions"Edit
Hello Nikola Smolenski. Thank you for contributing to Wikidata. I appreciate your work here.
I saw that you added s:en:The Canadian Soldiers' Song Book/The Minstrel Boy to The Minstrel Boy (Q1052799). This is not correct because s:en:The Canadian Soldiers' Song Book/The Minstrel Boy is an edition, not a work, but The Minstrel Boy (Q1052799) is a work, not an edition. The editor who added s:sr:Минсорел to The Minstrel Boy (Q60997998) was also incorrect.
I have fixed it for you. I split The Minstrel Boy (Q1052799) into two different items. The three items are:
- The Minstrel Boy (Q1052799) is a song (a poem, a literary work). It was written in English by Thomas Moore in the early 19th century.
- The Minstrel Boy (Q60997998) is a published copy (an edition) of The Minstrel Boy (Q1052799). It is a chapter of the book The Canadian Soldiers' Song Book (Q44556705). It is also in English. It was published in 1918. It is linked to s:en:The Canadian Soldiers' Song Book/The Minstrel Boy.
In the future, please create separate Wikidata items for each of the following:
- The original work
- Each translation of the work
- Each published copy of the original work
- Each published copy of a translation of the work.
The sections of sr:Заменица written in the past substantially overlap with the parts of en:Pronoun. I have recently translated a sizable portion of :en:Pronoun into sr:Заменица, and intend to expand it further with additional parts from :en:Pronoun#Theoretical_considerations. Please, do not dissociate these articles again. --Dcirovic (talk) 09:47, 17 June 2019 (UTC)