Welcome to Wikidata, Phoebe!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
--04:05, 9 January 2013 (UTC)
A fine pointEdit
Hi there. Just so you know, descriptions should be lowercase unless they start with proper nouns. (See Help:Descriptions for more information.) No worries though, and thanks for your work here! If you like writing descriptions, you might want to check out the labels and descriptions task force. And of course, if you have any questions, feel free to drop me a line, or stop by at Project Chat. — PinkAmpers&(Je vous invite à me parler) 04:47, 2 February 2013 (UTC)
Dams as structuresEdit
Hi. FYI, we have a property specifically for types of structure, Property:P168. That would be the ideal way to classify a structure as a dam, rather than the more general Property:P31 "in a(n)," which is somewhat deprecated and may not even be retained, long-term. I've made this change on a few of your entries. You may wish to revisit the others and revise. best, Shawn in Montreal (talk) 15:41, 5 March 2013 (UTC)