Welcome to Wikidata, Planemad mapbox!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
- Hi @ XXN:, these were translated by a professional Malay translator and quality checked through random sampling. Not seeing any issues with the translations, any reason you feel these could be incorrect?
- I don't really speak Malay, but I am (was) in doubt if the word "District" exists in Malay language; as I see they are using the word "Daerah" for districts on ms.wiki. --XXN, 14:41, 16 May 2017 (UTC)
- You are right, will look into the translations of region, state, prefecture, district, county, federal district, subdistrict, department, municipality and islands which seem like it should have been different. Anything else you notice that could have been incorrect? Thanks for reporting this --Planemad (talk) 18:37, 16 May 2017 (UTC)
Cities names in LatvianEdit
- Hi Treisijs, can you share some more details of the incorrect names? We have verified a sample of the Latvian translations to be accurate using two professional translators. More details about the prcoess at World_places_translation_project --Planemad (talk) 03:01, 2 April 2018 (UTC)
- There is Lielais pasaules atlants (Great world atlas), where in 2008 Latvian linguists correct transcribed geographic place names. At this moment that is most autoritative source for Latvian names for foreign cities. Latvian linguists use orthographic transcription there. PS: Of course, there are few mistakes, for example, there is Fukušima, but must be Fukusima. --Treisijs (talk) 17:05, 2 April 2018 (UTC)