In my humble opinion, Sweden has huge problems with websites representing some kind of business. This can have negative consequences for the Swedish economy. If you noticed, many Swedish video rental companies have closed or collapsed after Netflix landed in Sweden. Currently, this scenario can be repeated with the arrival of the Amazon in Sweden. Check out my article Gratis sökmotoroptimering till företagswebbplatser. This backlog of Sweden in the informatics sector can turn the country into an informational “banan republic”. I tried to influence this, but probably I do not have good communication skills with the Swedes. If you wish, then we can try to change it.
For example, Kulturnav is the database. Each object in this database is has file as rdf-xml. Their website is outdated by about 12 years. Here you can optimize the following:
- Create a database based on the format JSON-LD. This is the serialization format and this format is used by the Google Knowledge Graph.
- Fully optimize or even create a new website from scratch. which will correspond to all modern search algorithms.
- Build structured data for this website and create linked data with object of format JSON-LD of files.
All this will create a representation of the objects of this database in three levels, such as:
- The user level at which the website can be viewed on any input device.
- A search engine level at which search robots and artificial intelligence will be able to get all the information about each object and which will be useful for machine learning.
- The level of the server, which will be information to exchange between servers. This will be the database for REST.
All this can be created for any database in Sweden, for example for the Swedish Open Cultural Heritage, SELIBR ID identifier per National Library of Sweden Libris library catalog, Kungliga biblioteket, Swedish Nationalencyklopedin (NE.se) site and so on.
The next rather interesting example is the Swedish Chamber of Commerce. Their website states the following: "Sweden's Chambers of commerce primarily promote infrastructure projects in which Sweden's Chambers of commerce wishes to see more interaction between the state and private enterprise". If you look at the website THE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE OF MÄLARDALEN (my location) then on the start page you will not find any information about any particular business or business project that this chamber is promoting. There are many smiling faces, breakfast and lunch information, but there is no information at all about the subject mentioned in the main website, such as business promotion. This is even contrary to the basic principles of Google for webmasters: do not be fooled by users. Such websites may well be considered as spam.
What is your opinion: Can we cooperate in helping for Swedish websites?
Med vänlig hälsning,