Welcome to Wikidata, Sanyi4!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
- 1 köznevek
- 2 Dioxin
- 3 List of lonely interwiki links for the Hebrew Wikipedia
- 4 cswiki and skwiki
- 5 Merging items
- 6 Lists of lonely links on Wikidata items (bs.wiki)
- 7 Lists of lonely links on Wikidata items (eo.wiki)
- 8 Lists of lonely links on Wikidata items (it.wiki)
- 9 List generator...
- 10 Lists of lonely links
- 11 Babel
- 12 Lists of lonely links on Wikidata items (fa.wiki)
- 13 New set of lonely links
- 14 recent merges
- 15 Lists of lonely links on Wikidata items (el.wiki)
- 16 Empty list of lonely links
- 17 Request
Hi Sanyi4. I have the impression that your edits somehow worsened the mess in polychlorinated dibenzodioxin (Q11087111), Dioxins and dioxin-like compounds (Q2522) and dioxin (Q13424590). de:Polychlorierte Dibenzodioxine und Dibenzofurane belongs to the same item as en:Dioxins and dioxin-like compounds, which is now not anymore the case. --Leyo 09:05, 10 June 2013 (UTC)
cswiki and skwikiEdit
For merging items, you may want to use the Merge.js gadget. It helps you nominating and makes it a lot easier for the admins to process the requests.
Hi Sanyi4! Thanks for the information on generating these lists. The simple answer is yes, we're interested in seeing such a list for bs.wiki. Thanks in advance. :) -- Edinwiki (talk) 13:37, 2 January 2014 (UTC)
Hi Sanyi4! Thanks for your message at Wikidata:Diskutejo#List of lonely interwiki links! Please generate the eo.wiki list of lonelly pages. I am also an admin at yi.wiki, mi.wiki and tn.wiki. Could you please generate these as well?
I assume that you cover the (main) namespace NS:0. Could you plese also add all other non talk namespaces except special, user, file, and mediawiki? Thanks in advance! Best regards לערי ריינהארט (talk) 21:50, 2 January 2014 (UTC)
Hello, thanks, but i have two points:
- encoding, I see for Q17282 Kostel_svatĂŠho_Ducha_(Broumov) instead of Kostel_svatého_Ducha_(Broumov)
- URL's - in links are visible parameters, e.g. http://users.atw.hu/sanyi4/lonelylinks.php?site=cs&start=12001 but when I click on it, I got http://sanyi4.atw.hu/lonelylinks.php in adrerssbar, so is harder to got permalinks.
Thanks for the comments.
- I really don't understand why this isn't functioning correctly. I checked every setting and utf-8 is the only encoding I use. Maybe it's the webhosting service's fault. Although characters are not displayed correctly by default, it works if I choose utf-8 in my browser settings. That may help for you too.
- That's the other thing that I don't understand. May be it's the webhosting service.
- I'm currently looking for the solutions for some technical problems (character encoding etc.). An alternative tool can be found here: http://tools.wmflabs.org/bene/lonelyitems/ - this is always up to date, but also extremly slow. -- Sanyi4 (talk) 21:44, 20 January 2014 (UTC)
Hello Sanyi, the page http://sanyi4.atw.hu/lonelylinks.php shows that you check the lonely links from the dump of 23 January 2014. A new dump has been released the 10 February. A lot of work has been done with your tool on the previous dump. Could you update the lonely links? Thanks in advance. Pamputt (talk) 08:46, 22 February 2014 (UTC)
I just processed some nominations of yours and I noticed that in a lot of cases you were nominating the lower numbered (older) item. Whas there a specific reason for that? I always merge towards the lower number, unless there is a reason not to (there's an option in merge.js to always keep the lower number) but you did not mention any. - - (Cycn/talk) 09:01, 28 February 2014 (UTC)
- When I merge items, I follow the steps below to choose which item to keep:
- if one of the items has a significantly longer edit history, I keep that one.
- if there is no significant difference between history length:
- if one of the items consists of only one interwiki link, while the other consists of more than one, I keep the one with more links.
- if both items consists of more than one interwiki links:
- I keep the older item (which is lower numbered).
- I thought a more sophisticated method than only taking the id number into account is more suitable. -- Sanyi4 (talk) 11:31, 28 February 2014 (UTC)