Welcome to Wikidata, Ske!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Hi Ske, I have noticed that you are editing a lot of rare diseases, that is very nice and useful. i am working on rare diseases so maybe we could align/coordinate the effort. what is your work scope? what edition criteria are you following? Thanks! NuriaQueralt (talk) 18:46, 23 May 2017 (UTC)
Hello, II don't really have a particular strategy, currently I'm looking for items that have P1995 (medical specialty) and no french label. I try to find duplicate, and to provide "subclass of" statement and identifiers Ske (talk) 12:45, 31 May 2017 (UTC)
When you are merging items, please use the Merge.js gadget. It helps you nominating, gives the option to always keep the lower number (which is older, so preferable) and makes it a lot easier for the admins to process the requests.
With regards, - - (Cycn/talk) Fri, 20 Dec 2013 09:47:14 +0000
- Hello, I use it most of the time but it didn't work on https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q2720398 12:07, 20 December 2013 (UTC)
to lower numberEdit
When merging items, it is preferable to merge to the lower number, for the sake of stability. Occasionally there may be exceptions, if there is a good reason, but these should remain the exception.
Hello, I reverted  your merge because de:Stadtpolizei, en:Municipal police and other pages linked from Q1758690 are clear articles, but fr:Police municipale is obviously declared "page d’homonymie". If someone makes this an article the links can of course be changed. But then please do not use that merge tool (it will overwrite different language labels etc.), better move the link, empty Q15692383 and request deletion. Holger1959 (talk) 08:30, 4 June 2014 (UTC)
Hi Ske, I noticed that you have made quite a few helpful edits to medically relevant articles. It would be great if you could add references to the claims that you created so that they can be verified. As an example, I'm curious where you are finding all of those Orphanet identifiers? Thanks --I9606 (talk) 21:23, 3 December 2015 (UTC)
Hello, Just semi-joking : Wikidata user interface for sourcing is boring. In my defense I only look at the reference databases, I don't think that we can add useful sources for this. I have corrected the "formatter URL" of the Orphanet ID property. You can now click on the value to verify its accuracy. Ske (talk) 08:36, 4 December 2015 (UTC)
Borderline personality disorderEdit
Hello Ske, thank you for helping with the DE-EN link of borderline personality disorder. After your change there is now a correct link from DE to EN. But the reverse is still wrong. Also, the German article is only linked to EN, not to the other language articles. Could you perhaps fix these problems as well? Many thanks in advance. Greetings. --Saidmann (talk) 13:27, 22 July 2016 (UTC)
Wikidata has the hierarchy :
- Q18710622 (ICD10:F60.30)
- borderline personality disorder: borderline type (Q18710618) (ICD10:F60.31) which link to de:Borderline-Persönlichkeitsstörung
de:Borderline-Persönlichkeitsstörung link to en:Borderline personality disorder because someone on english wikipedia has created a redirect from "Borderline personality disorder: borderline type" to "Borderline personality disorder"
So the German Wikipedia is so far the only one to have two articles. I don't speak German and I don't know enough the subject to say if we should swap the two links to German Wikipedia
- This survey is primarily meant to get feedback on the Wikimedia Foundation's current work, not long-term strategy.
- Legal stuff: No purchase necessary. Must be the age of majority to participate. Sponsored by the Wikimedia Foundation located at 149 New Montgomery, San Francisco, CA, USA, 94105. Ends January 31, 2017. Void where prohibited. Click here for contest rules.
Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia surveyEdit
(Sorry to write in Engilsh)
Maternal Mortality Ratio is a WHO termEdit
Hello, thanks for showing interest in female mortality! You made a mistake just now however, because you just merged the Maternal Mortality Rate with the WHO term for Maternal Mortality Ratio. These are different terms that should not be conflated. The one linking to the english page has to do with one of the Sustainability Development Goals. The French article is about the rate. Most European countries measure the rate, not the ratio, because their ratio is so much better than other parts of the world, unlike the US. Jane023 (talk) 09:00, 22 March 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks, I have reverted but I think that the french article is ambiguous and confuse the two notions when it define the "Taux de mortalité maternelle" as "le rapport entre le nombre de femmes décédées (...) et le nombre de naissances vivantes" Ske (talk)
Your bot has been listed at Wikidata:Requests for permissions/Removal/Inactive bot accounts as being inactive for over two years. As a housekeeping measure it's proposed to remove the bot flag from inactive bot accounts, unless you expect the bot will be operated again in the near future. If you consent to the removal of the bot flag (or do not reply on the deflag page) you can rerequest the bot flag at Wikidata:Requests for permissions/Bot should you need it again. Of course, You may request retaining your bot flag here if you need the bot flag. Regards--GZWDer (talk) 12:01, 26 June 2017 (UTC)
References for symptomsEdit
Hi Ske, I noticed you have made many helpful edits adding symptoms to diseases. It would be great if you could add references to the claims that you created so that people can double check claims and filter claims based on sources they trust. Where did you get all of the symptom information from? For example: https://www.wikidata.org/w/index.php?title=Q432396&diff=376794535&oldid=376794423 . Thank you! Gstupp (talk) 23:35, 7 August 2017 (UTC)
"Food and Beverage" (Q19831168)Edit
I see that you added some disjoint union of (P2738) claims to Food and Beverage (Q19831168) that make food (Q2095) and drink (Q40050) disjoint. I commend the effort to establish disjointness assertions, but this particular example seems to lead to a few problems:
- Q19831168 is a little incoherent. It has no superclass. You're taking it to be a type of substance, but two of the three sitelinks seem to think it is an industry sector (or maybe type of business).
- Neither Q2095 nor Q40050 is a subclass of Q19831168, which actually has no subclasses at all.
- Q40050 is directly claimed to be a subclass of Q2095 (preceding your changes), giving us a disjointness violation out of the gate. From the English description on Q2095 ("any substance consumed to provide nutritional support for the body; form of energy stored in chemical form"), this is a colourable claim.
Community Insights SurveyEdit
RMaung (WMF) 17:38, 10 September 2019 (UTC)
Reminder: Community Insights SurveyEdit
RMaung (WMF) 19:54, 20 September 2019 (UTC)
Hello, I removed two statements you previously added to pregnancy category (Q1057079) and invited discussion at Wikidata_talk:WikiProject_Medicine#Drug_Indications. If you feel my edit was an error, can we discuss there please? Best, Andrew Su (talk) 18:59, 4 November 2019 (UTC)
Can you create and upload en:List of newspapers in Azerbaijan in French Wikipedia?
chemical compounds vs classes of chemical compoundsEdit
Please, don't merge items about specific chemical compounds (or groups of compounds) with items about classes of chemical compounds. These items should remain separate. Wostr (talk) 18:41, 7 February 2020 (UTC)