Welcome to Wikidata, Slomox!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Hello, I as discussed in Property talk:P126, I wanted to generalize P126 (road maintenance) to all kinds of maintainers. However there seems to be a problem in German / nds because both seem to be commonly translated by "Betreiber", any way to solve that ? --Zolo (talk) 18:28, 10 April 2013 (UTC)
- I changed the label to reflect the difference between operator and maintainer. --Slomox (talk) 07:15, 11 April 2013 (UTC)
- I have no objection. I have included "von de Straat" just because it is still present in the other labels too. But it seems sensible to me to make the propert more generic. The better German translation for "road maintenance" would have been "Straßenunterhaltung" instead of "Straßenbetreiber", but I guess that "Instandbehaltung" wold be better if we don't limit it to roads. --Slomox (talk) 11:20, 11 April 2013 (UTC)
- Oh, and by the way, as you are an admin here: what do you think about MediaWiki talk:Common.js#localize talk links in signatures? --Slomox (talk) 11:23, 11 April 2013 (UTC)
- The signature has been internationalized through MediaWiki:Signature (see Wikidata:Contact_the_development_team#Internationalize_signature_talk_links). --Zolo (talk) 14:43, 11 September 2013 (UTC)
Hi Slomox, GND Typ n (Name, nicht individualisiert) hat mittlerweile ein eigenes item: Q11651459. Der Bot müsste entsprechend angepasst werden.
- if (Property:P107 ==
Q4167410) label = label:en; ...
- if (Property:P107 == Q11651459) label = label:en; ...
Hi Slomox, habe gerade entdeckt, dass du für Plattdeutsch eine ausgefeilte Vorlage für die Normdaten erstellt hast. Sieht gut aus! Ärgerlicher und absurder Weise soll die Eigenschaft, die du dort verwendest, P107 (P107), gelöscht werden. Ich habe keinen Nerv mehr, mich an den Grabenkämpfen zu beteiligen, aber ich würde an deiner Stelle auf jeden Fall deine Arbeit mit dem Vermerk "ExternalUse" auf der Seite Property talk:P107 eintragen. Fröhliches Schaffen --Kolja21 (talk) 20:29, 3 September 2013 (UTC)
Hello, You participiated in the discussion of the property Elo rating (P1087), so you might be interested to know that there now is a proposal for a property of a related topic: FideID. It is discussed at Wikidata:Property proposal/Person#FideID. Regards, Dipsacus fullonum (talk) 04:30, 3 August 2014 (UTC)
For merging items, you may want to use the merge.js gadget from help page about merging. It has an option "Request deletion for extra items on RfD" to automatically place a request to delete the emptied page. This way of nominating makes it a lot easier for the admins to process the requests.
- Thank you for the hint. I knew there was some way to do this, but whenever I search for anything on Wikidata I fail to find the relevant information.
- I'll use the gadget from now on. --Slomox (talk) 11:50, 11 November 2015 (UTC)
WMF projects - translation of labels and descriptionsEdit
- lang=nds : ?lang=nds&props=31,218,219,220,506,1406&q=claim
- lang=de : ?lang=de&props=31,218,219,220,506,1406&q=claim
Hi Slomox! I have seen your edits at numerous pages about WMF projects and want to let you know that the number of Wikidata:Database reports/WMF projects has increased to more then 409; there are pages from Wikibook project pages to Wikiversity and Wiktionary project pages. You may be interested in adding labels and descriptions in other languages. Please follow also the discussion at property talk:P218 and comment there. Best regards Gangleri also aka I18n (talk) 02:28, 13 January 2016 (UTC) / I18n (talk) 02:34, 13 January 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks for your work and your time! Please see: m:Talk:Facebook pages. I added more property related queries at user:I18n/sandbox#property_Wikimedia_database_name. Regards I18n (talk) 09:37, 16 January 2016 (UTC)
Could you create the article en:Elections in Azerbaijan and in German and Low German?
188.8.131.52 10:53, 1 March 2018 (UTC)
- I don't know what is right. "six ray" is how I found it used by others on Commons. I just took it over from there assuming this is the right term in heraldry. But the Wikidata items should be consistent, so I guess it should be "five ray" and not "five rays". I will fix that. --Slomox (talk) 13:01, 22 May 2018 (UTC)
- My impression is, that "six ray" is singular (one star with six rays) and "six rays" is plural (several stars with six rays). At least there are several instances out there, where it is used in this way.
- But I am certainly no expert on English-language heraldry. It's just my impression. --Slomox (talk) 06:33, 23 May 2018 (UTC)
Can you translate and upload de:Zentralbank der Republik Aserbaidschan, de:Liste der höchsten Berge in Aserbaidschan, de:Aserbaidschanische Nationalbibliothek, de:Nationalversammlung der Republik Aserbaidschan, de:Verfassung der Republik Aserbaidschan, de:Staatliche Universität Baku, de:Nationale Akademie der Wissenschaften Aserbaidschans and en:Baku Zoo in Low German Wikipedia?
They should not be long.