Welcome to Wikidata, Giovanni Alfredo Garciliano Diaz!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Comment: applies to citizens ofEdit
You/your bot got Billboard artist ID wrong for Casino Q2223393 and Q5048839Edit
Hi! I'm not much of a Wikidata user but in trying to find the Icelandic band "Casino" I noticed the confusion between the two British bands Casino Q2223393 and Casino Q5048839. When I started to edit the former I noticed that some of its identifiers are wrong because they're a third or fourth band also called "Casino." Specifically in February 2019 you gave Casino Q2223393, a band which was only active for one album in 1992, the Billboard artist ID https://www.billboard.com/music/casino , but that's clearly wrong. The Billboard "Casino" page lists only a song in 2014, so it must be for a fifth or sixth band, the rapper "Casino". You also gave Casino Q5048839 the same Billboard artist ID, and Wikidata correctly warns "distinct values constraint This property's value should not be present on any other item, but is also present on Casino."
I removed the incorrect identifier from both Casino entities. I wonder if this is a bug in your work/bot. Since band names are far from unique, adding the same identifier to two different band entities indicates one of them must be wrong; and since there are so many duplicate band names, neither may be correct. Cheers! -- Skierpage (talk) 08:07, 27 May 2019 (UTC)
- Matricatria, done in Category:Azerbaijani-language encyclopedias (Q10019097)
Community Insights SurveyEdit
RMaung (WMF) 17:38, 10 September 2019 (UTC)
Reminder: Community Insights SurveyEdit
RMaung (WMF) 19:54, 20 September 2019 (UTC)
Respondí aquí: User_talk:Plyd#Re:Integrate_Wikidata_in_external_Wikis Plyd (talk) 16:53, 8 December 2019 (UTC)
Hello! Short question: How do I add it? Neither eg. "Category:Created with GIMP" nor "Created with GIMP" seems to work. It tells me "No match was found" in a red box --D-Kuru (talk) 19:39, 22 January 2020 (UTC)
Hello dear Tinker Bell,
Would you be kind enough to complement the new properties that you create. If you don't want to do that, at least the properties have to work according to their proposal (i.e. Formatter URL), please. Here are the steps to create a property. Cordially. —Eihel (talk) 07:59, 22 April 2020 (UTC)
Hi, could you please look at my question at Wikidata:Property proposal/IDU theatre name ID (2)? Thank you, Vojtěch Dostál (talk) 17:24, 15 May 2020 (UTC)
At , you opposed a proposal as you thought some points needed (further) discussion. I tried to address these with . Can you respond to it or withdraw your opposition? Thanks. --- Jura 07:27, 22 September 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks for your input. I responded at . I actually think the proposal is an improvement over the same aspect of ElanHR's . --- Jura 12:59, 30 September 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks once more for your detailed feedback. I responded to it in the meantime. --- Jura 09:14, 10 October 2020 (UTC)
- I wonder if it was my mistake to set "Allowed values=text". It doesn't work all the time for this one. It has a strange behavior. Could you please try to unset "Allowed values=text". Thanks again. Genium. 11:53, Feb 8, 2021 (UTC+01:00)
- It was my mistake, for an example of "Allowed values", please see https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Property_proposal/Archive/32#P1988 Genium. 12:10, Feb 8, 2021 (UTC+01:00)
first family name in Portuguese nameEdit
Hi, Tinker Bell! ㋡
I am Brazilian, my native language is Portuguese. I made changes to the property you created, but there are some changes that I don't know how to do. "first family name in Portuguese name (P9139)" doesn't automatically add the surname category on Commons, for example.
And also the "sequence" with which they are presented in the database:
- instance of
- sex or gender
- country of citizenship
- birth name
- given name
- family name
- [everything else]
- [and much more]
- [more stuff]
- "first family name in Portuguese name"