Welcome to Wikidata, Vnnen!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Hi, I see your message you put on Veillg1. Following the multiple warnings this user received, the administrators decided to put an filter for languages other than French and English. He since can no longer contribute to the Finnish descriptions. Oh, and thanks for correcting is contribution in finnish. --Fralambert (talk) 23:19, 1 April 2019 (UTC)
- Ok, that seems reasonable. I'll search if the user has done more edits in Finnish. --Vnnen (talk) 09:37, 2 April 2019 (UTC)
Hi, I came to let more or less the same message as Fralambert ;) To help you check, here is a request of every item located in Canada (Q16) with a description in Finnish (and only 12 lakes among them) : . If you agree, I could automatically add the description "järvi Kanadassa" to all 100 000+ lakes in Canada (except, of course, for cases where several lakes have the same label), I did it in several other languages (but not Finnish as I don't know well this language). Cheers, VIGNERON (talk) 15:23, 3 April 2019 (UTC)
- "järvi Kanadassa" ie "lake in Canada" is better than nothing, I think. Go for it! Also "joki Kanadassa" (river) could be added to the rivers. --Vnnen (talk) 19:56, 3 April 2019 (UTC)