Welcome to WikiProject Video games! Happy to have you around, and don’t hesitate to post on the project talk page if you have any questions and/or comments :-)
Cheers, Jean-Fred (talk) 21:55, 26 December 2019 (UTC)
Hi! I would like to introduce you to the Merge tool. It will help you for the next time you have a problem like this one. Cheers! Nadzik (talk) 10:35, 5 March 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks again, done
- --- ʂɤɲ ✉ 10:37, 5 March 2020 (UTC)
I noticed Super Tempo (Q16267183) merged into Super Tempo (Q89769810) − In general, it’s best to always merge the newest item into the oldest one − because the old item identifier is more likely to be used elsewhere. :-)
Cheers, Jean-Fred (talk) 13:20, 8 April 2020 (UTC)
- Hi Jean-Fred
- Thanks for your message, this is an opportunity for me to ask you a question that may be related.
- I'm wondering if there is some sort of "consistency problem" with the French Wikipedia; well, I don't really know if it's linked with the merging tool actually, but sometimes bugs appear in history statistics on frwiki, mentioning a lack of connection with Wikidata. For instance with Daytona USA: Championship Circuit Edition (Q4037076), I added link to frwiki on march 9 but noticed that it didn't appear on the frwiki. However, I'm used to clear the cache on both Wikidata and Wikipedia (as well as on my browser), but nothing changes, even days later. On April 7, I noticed that the article still wasn't linked; I tried to proceed manually on frwiki by adding the enwiki page directly on the frwiki page (it only worked with the English page, and as a result it created a new item on wikidata, Daytona USA: Championship Circuit Edition (Q89658419), that I merged into the oldest item, without success regarding to the mentioned problem). On each wiki (including Wikidata), I could see the frwiki, so no problem here; but on frwiki, I could only see enwiki and it said that no wikidata existed. Today, I can see the Wikidata linked on frwiki but still, two bugs are mentioned in history statistics, as you can see at the very bottom of this page: Label for language fr is missing & Description for language fr is missing, however the fields are filled here since a month and I'm not sure that the problem is there because the bugs are different from one day to another: I often see temporary Wikidata tracking category problems, especially with Sega Retro ID (P7517) while data are correctly entered after checking).
- This exemple not an isolated case. I tried many things and noticed that merging the oldest item into the newest one could avoid those bugs (however I encountered a counterexample a few days ago, which I no longer have in mind), and I understand it can create other bugs one the other hand.
- But maybe I do something else that is wrong (I would not be surprised )
- Any idea or suggestion?
- Thanks a lot and have a nice day
- --- ʂɤɲ ✉ 08:43, 9 April 2020 (UTC)
I noticed your editing stats in Wikidata, which led me to look up your profile. Thank you for all the great work!
I’m reaching out to you because I’m working on a research project about understanding what motivates editors like you to contribute to Wikidata. We’re also interested in learning about how you feel your contributions are being used outside of Wikidata. Since you are such an active community member, I thought you might also be interested in helping to build the broader community’s knowledge about Wikidata, and why it matters.
If you’re interested, let’s schedule a time to talk over Zoom, or whichever platform you prefer. If you are interested, please fill in a questionnaire or just leave a message. The conversation should take about 30 min.
Hope you have a great day,
Chuankaz (talk) 04:02, 14 July 2020 (UTC)
- Hi Charles
- Thanks for your message, survey just completed
- I would be happy to help, feel free to send me your questions (you will find my email address in the questionnaire)
- Have a great day, too,
- --- ʂɤɲ ✉ 10:26, 18 July 2020 (UTC)
- @WikiSyn: Thank you for accepting the invitation! I have sent you a follow-up email to set up a time for the interview. Looking forward to talking with you.
- Chuankaz (talk) 15:52, 20 July 2020 (UTC)
- Hi Charles
- Thanks, I check my schedule and tell you.
- Kind regards,
- --- ʂɤɲ ✉ 09:29, 21 July 2020 (UTC)