Welcome to Wikidata, Yngvadottir!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Best regards! Cycn
For merging items, you may want to use the merge.js gadget from help page about merging. It has an option "Request deletion for extra items on RfD" to automatically place a request to delete the emptied page. This way of nominating makes it a lot easier for the admins to process the requests.
- Thank you for the welcome :-) I looked at the instructions, but I have never been able to overcome my reluctance to downloading gadgets: even if I could be sure I could figure out how to use them, there always seems to be a big notice to the effect that downloading this thing might damage my computer. Sorry, but the two together are too much of a barrier for me. Yngvadottir (talk) 14:50, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
Hi! I have seen your note about https://www.wikidata.org/?diff=next&oldid=51921592#top . Please take a look at Wikidata:Project chat#Norse_mythology. You may add some help tools to user:Yngvadottir/common.js . See User:Rotsaert8000 (in Esperanto). Good luck gangLeri לערי ריינהארט (talk) 20:21, 23 April 2014 (UTC)
- On the hindi page, under भाषाएँ (when it is expanded) there should be and option कड़ी जोड़ें. Then you get a pop-up. After भाषा you fill in the code for the other language, in this case en. Then you fill in the page on that wiki: New R. S. J. Public School and save. This will create a new item on wikidata. You can do it from the enwiki as well. Sometimes you get an error when you add one language form another, but the other way around works. Let me know when you manage to create the new item. - - (Cycn/talk) 12:46, 8 May 2014 (UTC)
I know you all think this site is intuitive ..,.Edit
but it's just absolutely defeated me again. No, I will not download a gadget. The entry for en:Lost Paradise (film) is sitting all by itself and its item needs to be merged into that for the film, while en:A Lost Paradise (the book) is instead sitting there. I am unable to fix this and have had about enough. Interwikis were far easier to fix. Bah. Leaving others to sort out the mess, since last time I reported a problem I was told it was easy. Yngvadottir (talk) 12:13, 26 September 2015 (UTC)