Wikidata:Dataset Imports/Gatehouse Gazetteer (Wales)
You may find these related resources helpful:
|Dataset Imports||Why import data into Wikidata.||Learn how to import data||Bot requests||Ask a data import question|
- 1 Guidelines for using this page
- 2 Overview
- 3 Progress of import
- 4 Edit history
- 5 Discussion of import
- 6 Maintenance
Guidelines for using this pageEdit
Documenting the importEdit
- Guidelines on how to import a dataset into Wikidata are available at Wikidata:Data Import Guide.
- Please include notes on all steps of the process.
- Once a dataset has been imported into Wikidata please edit the page to change the progress status from in progress to complete.
- It is strongly recommended to use Visual Editor when making changes to this page, particularly for editing any of the tables.
Creating a Wikidata item for the datasetEdit
- Please create a Wikidata item for the dataset, this will allow us to improve the coverage of datasets on Wikidata and understand what datasets are available on that topic and which of them have been added to Wikidata.
- If you are working with very large dataset you can break it into smaller Mix n' Match catalogues, but only create one Wikidata item.
- Link the dataset Wikidata item to this page using Wikidata Dataset Imports page (P5195)
- If your dataset import runs into issues please edit the page to change the progress status from in progress to help needed.
- You can ask for help on Wikidata:Project chat.
Gatehouse Gazetteer (Wales)
Gatehouse Gazetteer (Wales)
Database of castle sites in Wales (including sites which are uncertain)
Progress of importEdit
The table below is used to track the progress of importing this dataset. The suggested column headings are most applicable to data being imported from a spreadsheet - you can change some column headings or add new columns as required to best describe the progress of this import.
|Wikidata item for the dataset||Import data into spreadsheet||Format the spreadsheet to import the data||Structure of data within Wikidata||Match the dataset to Wikidata||Importing data into Wikidata||Visualisations||Maintainance queries and expected results|
|Gatehouse Gazetteer Medieval fortifications and palaces database for Wales (Q59259501)||Not done yet||Not done yet||Not done yet||Not done yet||Not done yet||Not done yet||Not done yet|
Use the table below to list batches of edits that have been completed for this dataset. Ideally each entry should have all applicable columns filled out, but at a minimum please make to add a date and description to give an idea of what was added to Wikidata and when.
|Date||Description||Method||Properties||Qualifiers||References||Statements added||Statements removed||Link to import sheet|
|Date 1||Description 1||Method 1||Properties 1||Qualifiers 1||References 1||Added Count 1||Removed Count 1||Link 1|
|Date 2||Description 2||Method 2||Properties 2||Qualifiers 2||References 2||Added Count 2||Removed Count 2||Link 2|
|Date 3||Description 3||Method 3||Properties 3||Qualifiers 3||References 3||Added Count 3||Removed Count 3||Link 3|
Discussion of importEdit
These headings are generally useful, please change this section to suit your needs.
Wikidata item for datasetEdit
Import data into spreadsheetEdit
Format the spreadsheet to import the dataEdit
Structure of data within WikidataEdit
|Field name||Wikidata property||Notes|