Wikidata:Dataset Imports/Hembygdsförbund och -föreningar
You may find these related resources helpful:
|Dataset Imports||Why import data into Wikidata.||Learn how to import data||Bot requests||Ask a data import question|
- 1 Guidelines for using this page
- 2 Overview
- 3 Progress of import
- 4 Edit history
- 5 Discussion of import
Guidelines for using this pageEdit
Documenting the importEdit
- Guidelines on how to import a dataset into Wikidata are available at Wikidata:Data Import Guide.
- Please include notes on all steps of the process.
- Once a dataset has been imported into Wikidata please edit the page to change the progress status from in progress to complete.
- It is strongly recommended to use Visual Editor when making changes to this page, particularly for editing any of the tables.
Creating a Wikidata item for the datasetEdit
- Please create a Wikidata item for the dataset, this will allow us to improve the coverage of datasets on Wikidata and understand what datasets are available on that topic and which of them have been added to Wikidata.
- If you are working with very large dataset you can break it into smaller Mix n' Match catalogues, but only create one Wikidata item.
- Link the dataset Wikidata item to this page using Wikidata Dataset Imports page (P5195)
- If your dataset import runs into issues please edit the page to change the progress status from in progress to help needed.
- You can ask for help on Wikidata:Project chat.
Hembygdsförbund och -föreningar
List of 2000 local heritage associations in Sweden
Progress of importEdit
The table below is used to track the progress of importing this dataset. The suggested column headings are most applicable to data being imported from a spreadsheet - you can change some column headings or add new columns as required to best describe the progress of this import.
|Wikidata item for the dataset||Import data into spreadsheet||Format the spreadsheet to import the data||Structure of data within Wikidata||Match the dataset to Wikidata||Importing data into Wikidata|
Use the table below to list batches of edits that have been completed for this dataset. Ideally each entry should have all applicable columns filled out, but at a minimum please make to add a date and description to give an idea of what was added to Wikidata and when.
|2019-02-21||Created ~1900 new items for local history associations. Added statements, including KulturNav-ID (P1248), to the ~100 items already in Wikidata.|
Discussion of importEdit
These headings are generally useful, please change this section to suit your needs.
Wikidata item for datasetEdit
Import data into spreadsheetEdit
Data was downloaded from KulturNav as a CSV file.
Format the spreadsheet to import the dataEdit
Data was processed in OpenRefine.
Structure of data within WikidataEdit
|Field name||Wikidata property||Notes|
|Last changed||in reference: publication date (P577)|
|Type||legal form (P1454)||Either voluntary association (Q48204) or foundation (Q157031)|
|Place reference||P|P131||Region of the association.|
|Is part of||member of (P463)||For associations, the federation it belongs to.|
|—||country (P17)||Inferred; Sweden (Q34) for all items|
Match the dataset to WikidataEdit
Before we started the upload, there were about 100 items for local heritage associations already on Wikidata. Those were matched via their names. The remaining items were created from scratch.
Importing data into WikidataEdit
Data was imported using QuickStatements.
Import completion notesEdit
All items in the dataset were imported.