Wikidata:Dataset Imports/ISIL list of Japan
You may find these related resources helpful:
|Dataset Imports||Why import data into Wikidata.||Learn how to import data||Bot requests||Ask a data import question|
Guidelines for using this pageEdit
Documenting the importEdit
- Guidelines on how to import a dataset into Wikidata are available at Wikidata:Data Import Guide.
- Please include notes on all steps of the process.
- Once a dataset has been imported into Wikidata please edit the page to change the progress status from in progress to complete.
- It is strongly recommended to use Visual Editor when making changes to this page, particularly for editing any of the tables.
Creating a Wikidata item for the datasetEdit
- Please create a Wikidata item for the dataset, this will allow us to improve the coverage of datasets on Wikidata and understand what datasets are available on that topic and which of them have been added to Wikidata.
- If you are working with very large dataset you can break it into smaller Mix n' Match catalogues, but only create one Wikidata item.
- Link the dataset Wikidata item to this page using Wikidata Dataset Imports page (P5195)
- If your dataset import runs into issues please edit the page to change the progress status from in progress to help needed.
- You can ask for help on Wikidata:Project chat.
ISIL list of Japan
National Diet Library, Japan
Libraries in Japan (public and special ones) with ISIL codes.
Before the upload was started, there were about 700 Japanese libraries in Wikidata. About half of them had an International Standard Identifier for Libraries (P791).
Progress of importEdit
The table below is used to track the progress of importing this dataset. The suggested column headings are most applicable to data being imported from a spreadsheet - you can change some column headings or add new columns as required to best describe the progress of this import.
|Wikidata item for the dataset||Import data into spreadsheet||Format the spreadsheet to import the data||Structure of data within Wikidata||Match the dataset to Wikidata||Importing data into Wikidata|
|ISIL list of Japan (Q60662183)||done||done||done||done||done|
2019-02-26 – 2019-02-27: Uploaded public libraries
Discussion of importEdit
These headings are generally useful, please change this section to suit your needs.
Wikidata item for datasetEdit
Import and format the data into spreadsheetEdit
Source data was in CSV format, so it could be imported and edited directly in OpenRefine.
Structure of data within WikidataEdit
|Field name||Wikidata property||Notes|
|ISIL||International Standard Identifier for Libraries (P791)|
|—||instance of (P31)|
|Institution name in Japanese||label|
|Institution name in English||label|
|Postal code||postal code (P281)|
|Prefecture||located in the administrative territorial entity (P131)|
|URL||official website (P856)|