During the month of October, WikiProject India will be celebrating the 8th birthday of Wikidata through a series of events and activities.
|There are plans to conduct webinars on different topics. They will be listed here along with date and time after finalisation.|
|🗓 Date & time||👥 Resource person||☀️ Topic||💬 Short description||🌐 Language||🕑 Duration||📽️ Video Recording||📍 Etherpad|
|October 11 2020, 18:00 IST||Jane023||Sum of all paintings||
||English||~ 2 hours||Youtube Video||http://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/wd8india1|
|October 17 2020 19:00 IST||DVrandecic (WMF)||Abstract Wikipedia||English||~ 2 hours||Youtube video||http://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/wd8india2|
|October 18 2020 19:00 IST||Mahir256||Wikidata Lexeme||
||English, Bengali||~ 2 hours||Youtube video||http://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/wd8india3|
|There are plans to conduct at least one datathon, if not more. They will be listed here with date and time after finalisation.|
|🗓 Date & time||☀️ Name of the event||👥 Organizers||💬 Short description||🌐 Language||🕑 Duration||📍 Location|
|October 12, 2020 00:01 IST to October 28, 2020 23:59 IST||Sum of all Indian paintings data-thon||WikiProject India||16 days long online datathon on Indian paintings, the output of which will be gifted to Wikidata on 29th October as birthday gift.||Any language||16 days||Virtual|
|25 October 2020, 00:00 to||India-specific Wikidata Properties data-thon||WikiProject Kerala||Online datathon to add Wikidata properties in statements and to add labels/descriptions for India-specific properties in Indic languages||Any language||5 days||Virtual|
During the month of October, Centre for Internet and Society - Access to Knowledge (Q59700148) will be sending Wikidata special merchandise to Indian affiliates and communities upon request as well as active contributors of Wikidata residing in India.
Affiliates and CommunitiesEdit
- All Indian affiliates are welcome to request for Wikidata special merchandise and/or infrastructure. There is no need for community notification. But, affiliate contacts or board members or executive committee members or people in similar position, who can represent the affiliate, need to do the request.
- All Indian language communities, except those who have geographical affiliates, are welcome to request for Wikidata special merchandise request. But, community should decide on-wiki and have clear consensus to whom the merchandise will be sent.
- Indian language communities having geographical affiliates are requested to discuss any need with their respective affiliates first and ask them to request them on their behalf.
- Only one request for each affiliate or language community will be accepted.
- It is expected that the requests for merchandise and/or infrastructure should be practical enough to be used by number of community members and within the budget of maximum INR 10,000 for each affiliates.
- CIS-A2K will not design for the merchandise. If any custom design is preferred, the affiliate or the community should upload it to Wikimedia Commons as svg format and send the link to CIS-A2K, which will be taken care of, while printing it. The design should be Wikidata specific only.
Yes? Great! The first step is done. Just request below and fill up the very short template.
- CIS-A2K will be sending different gifts or merchandise as small token of appreciation for active Wikidata contributors from India.
- Merchandise can be in the form of T-shirts or mementos or other things. The budget allocated for each contributor is INR 1,000.
- CIS-A2K will take care of the designing part. There might be special or unexpected surprises. Who knows!
- CIS-A2K will send messages on talk pages or mails to active contributors and affiliate or language community contacts, requesting for contact details from time to time.
- Please also take into consideration that due to the current COVID-19 pandemic in India (Q84055514) or due to postal faults, the merchandise might arrive late to the addresses, despite best efforts by CIS-A2K.