- Date: Saturday, 3 February 2018, 2 pm – 6 pm
- Location: Wikimedia Österreich office, Stolzenthalergasse 7/1, 1080 Wien
What we doEdit
In our relaxed afternoon workshop, you’ll get an introduction to what Wikidata is all about. You’ll learn about SPARQL, the query language which you’ll use to ask Wikidata questions. Tobias, your friendly neighborhood Wikidata expert, has prepared small tasks tailored to both beginners and more advanced users. Exemplary tasks include:
- Complete the list of locations where the Vienna Philharmonics performed.
- Add the oldest train station in Austria to the database.
- Where in the world can you find statues of Marie Curie?
- And many more!
After our workshop, you’ll be able to do your own edits and add to the database! Advanced Wikidata users are invited to able to bring their own projects and, optionally, share your work with others.
How to registerEdit
Please click here and fill out the registration form!
The workshop is for free. The number of participants is limited.
Your participation was confirmed, but you can’t make it? Let us know with a quick email!
If you already registered but then find out that you can’t attend the workshop, please cancel with a quick email, replying to the confirmation we sent you. No explanation needed, and we won’t be cross with you, we promise. :)
I`ll be thereEdit
- Annemarie Buchmann (WMAT) (talk) 08:50, 12 January 2018 (UTC)
- Jean-Fred (talk) 10:14, 12 January 2018 (UTC)
- Tobias1984 (talk) 19:20, 12 January 2018 (UTC)
- Sonkiki (talk) 10:55, 22 January 2018 (UTC)
- Mimihitam (talk) 14:15, 3 February 2018 (UTC)
- Quwetz (talk) 14:16, 3 February 2018 (UTC)
- phaebz (talk) 14:17, 3 February 2018 (UTC)
- Noniq (talk) 14:17, 3 February 2018 (UTC)
- SonderPanther (talk) 14:18, 3 February 2018 (UTC)
- Informatom (talk) 14:16, 3 February 2018 (UTC)
- Jampo001 (talk) 14:27, 3 February 2018 (UTC)
- Shoetime (talk) 14:35, 3 February 2018 (UTC)
- Wilhelmium (talk) 14:43, 3 February 2018 (UTC)
- Simeona Cruz 14:43, 3 February 2018 (UTC)
- Clemens Blamauer
- --Hood1n1 (talk) 16:22, 3 February 2018 (UTC)
- --Bennypr0fane (talk) 16:24, 3 February 2018 (UTC)
- --Igor Celman (talk) 16:26, 3 February 2018 (UTC)
What should I bring/ prepare?Edit
- your laptop (not older than 10 years) + power supply
...which has installed a
If you don’t have one already, please
- create your Wikimedia user account before the workshop. You need it to make edits in Wikidata. In case of any difficulties, please reach out to Annemarie: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good to knowEdit
The workshop will be held in English. But our mentor Tobias speaks German and he will be able to explain things in German the breaks and in one-on-one talks.
Wikimedia Österreich's event guidelines apply to this workshop. They’re designed to make everyone feel welcome and to actively encourage a safe, friendly space for learning. Please read them – by attending, you’ll be accepting those rules of being nice to each other.