Wikidata:Flemish art collections, Wikidata and Linked Open Data/Visualizations and statistics
In the project Flemish art collections, Wikidata and Linked Open Data, a group of Flemish museums and art collections have published metadata of their art collections (estimated: 30,000 artworks in total) on Wikidata, and thus have made this dataset available as Linked Open Data (LOD).
Data donated to Wikidata can be visualized in many ways - often with information that the museums themselves would not have been able to provide.
The data will also be edited, improved and re-used via Wikidata. To what extent does this happen?
Visualizations of the datasetsEdit
This table collects interesting examples of visualizations of the data on Wikidata. Feel free to add more!
Statistics about the datasetsEdit
After this data donation, the museums are interested to know what happens to their donated data. Some of these statistics can be retrieved as of June 2016, some not (yet).
- On Wikidata itself. How is the basic donated/uploaded data enriched by Wikidata volunteers (e.g. with images and other metadata)?
- What kind of edits happen on Wikidata?
- How often are 'their' items edited?
- Who does the edits?
- How does the number of statements, labels and descriptions evolve over time?
- In which languages do the edits take place?
- On Wikipedia. How many Wikipedia articles are written about their artworks?
- In which languages are Wikipedia articles written and added?
- Who edits and creates the Wikipedia articles?
- How does the number of Wikipedia articles evolve over time?
- In other Wikimedia projects. What happens with their data in other Wikimedia projects (other than Wikipedia)?
- In which Wikimedia projects?
- In which languages?
- What types of edits and re-use take place?
- Who re-uses and integrates the data?
- Outside the Wikimedia ecosystem. What happens with their data outside of Wikimedia projects?
- How many 'hits' do their items get through re-use by other websites and services?
- Where exactly is the data re-used, and in which way?
- The Crotos tool only displays artworks that have images on Wikimedia Commons, linked to their items on Wikidata.