Wikidata:Property proposal/TA98 Latin term
TA98 Latin termEdit
Originally proposed at Wikidata:Property proposal/Natural science
Continuation of former proposal. In this proposal it is not just a Latin name, but a controlled vocabulary, as specified on TA98. Notified participants of WikiProject Medicine @Adert:@Pigsonthewing, Snipre, ChristianKl, Jura1, Pasleim:--Micru (talk) 21:12, 19 January 2017 (UTC)
- Question Terminologia Anatomica (Q286567) might be classical Latin language which cannot be copyrighted. Alternatively, it might be a copyrightable identification system owned by International Federation of Associations of Anatomists (Q2896474), especially if they are making odd arbitrary decisions to give new nonstandard names in Latin language to anything. I am not familiar enough with this system to confirm that it should not be copyrightable. Can anyone give an opinion about whether any part of Terminologia Anatomica might be copyrighted, or whether the organization publishing the system claims a copyright over it? Blue Rasberry (talk) 21:42, 19 January 2017 (UTC)
- I'm no legal expert but in general names are usually not protected by copyright. I can call an iPhone an iPhone without violating copyright. Suis genesis database rights last 15 years, so the TA98 should be out of it.
Given that Wikipedia didn't get real problems with CAS numbers and there the authoring organisation cares about asserting copyright, I don't see why the Terminologia Anatomica would be different. ChristianKl (talk) 07:06, 22 January 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose This duplicates the discussion at Wikidata:Property proposal/Latin name where for some reason Micru didn't want to participate.
--- Jura 21:50, 19 January 2017 (UTC)
- Question What about ? Andy Mabbett (Pigsonthewing); Talk to Andy; Andy's edits 21:54, 19 January 2017 (UTC)
- Support The function of this property isn't served by the usual Label name in the Latin language. Therefore it's different then "Wikidata:Property proposal/Latin name". I would prefer if the property to exist as "external id" and changed it accordingly. ChristianKl (talk) 07:06, 22 January 2017 (UTC)
- Currently @Adert: imported the Latin values of the English Wikipedia into native label with the qualifier issued by (P2378) Terminologia Anatomica (Q286567). The problem is that EnWiki lists Latin names but not necessarily the one of TA98. Two errors that I found till now: squamous part of temporal bone (Q4175787) and arm (Q43471).
- Given that individual Wiki's might want to import TA98 names, having a specific property for it would be useful to import them via a bot from the official website (https://www.unifr.ch/ifaa/Public/EntryPage/TA98%20Tree/Entity%20TA98%20EN/02.1.15.001%20Entity%20TA98%20EN.htm). Given the website lists FMA-ID and most of our anatomy items have those ID's, it should be possible to import properly referenced high quality data about the names of TA98.
Was a bee
Dr. Abhijeet Safai
Notified participants of WikiProject Medicine ChristianKl (talk) 10:29, 27 February 2017 (UTC)
- Support --Pasleim (talk) 10:38, 27 February 2017 (UTC)
- Support --Okkn (talk) 07:19, 23 May 2017 (UTC)