Wikidata:Property proposal/position of nasal sonant
position of nasal sonantEdit
(moved from Wikidata:Property proposal/Japanese pitch accent)
Originally proposed at Wikidata:Property proposal/Lexemes
@Was a bee, Afaz: Sorry for pinging. I had forgotten the existence of nasal sonant in Japanese (Q8017813), because it was not implemented in wikt:en:Template:ja-pron. I have created an additional proposal for it. By adding this qualifier, all of the pronunciation presented in Japanese Accent dictionaries may be able to be represented in Wikidata. Regards, --Okkn (talk) 05:46, 5 July 2018 (UTC)
- @Okkn: I googled some pages (e.g. ). I learned that there are two possibility about pronunciation of ga, gi, gu, ge, go (がぎぐげご). One is nasal sonant (鼻濁音) and the other is sonant (濁音). This proposal is about nasal sonant (鼻濁音). So I have one question. Which is the case?
- Sonant (濁音) is already covered by different property?
- Or if there is no nasal-sonant (鼻濁音) qualifier, it means that is sonant (濁音).
- If "2" is the case, I think it is better to describe that in description field. --Was a bee (talk) 17:05, 6 July 2018 (UTC)
- @Was a bee: Thank you for commenting. Usually kana in "ガ行" are pronounced as sonant (/g/), and nasal-sonant (/ŋ/) is exceptional. It is similar to position of devoiced vowel (P5428). Furthermore, recently many Japanese people don't use nasal-sonant . So I think there is no need to specify the usual sonant. I changed the description clearly. --Okkn (talk) 17:43, 6 July 2018 (UTC)