Wikidata:Property proposal/student organization of
student organization ofEdit
Originally proposed at Wikidata:Property proposal/Organization
- Support David (talk) 06:51, 11 February 2019 (UTC)
Comment Could this be expanded to cover youth wings of political organizations as well? Mahir256 (talk) 16:31, 11 February 2019 (UTC)(misunderstood the proposal) Oppose. youth wing (P4379) should be enough, I guess. Thierry Caro (talk) 21:32, 11 February 2019 (UTC)
- affiliation (P1416) could work? --- Jura 16:21, 12 February 2019 (UTC)
- @GZWDer: I like the suggestion of affiliation (P1416) for this, do you think that's not suitable? ArthurPSmith (talk) 18:29, 13 February 2019 (UTC)
- I do think the term "affiliation" is vague and ambigous here. It may refers to at least five things:
- How a person "belongs to" (or works at) an organization - This is the original scope of the property
- A (independent) club or society that contains member of another organization - if limited to schools, this is the proposal. There're also other clubs dedicating to employees of companies or other organization, but most of them are not notable.
- affiliated school (Q2983860), e.g. Barnard College (Q167733) -> Columbia University (Q49088) where Barnard College is neither part of nor member of nor owned by Columbia University. (in contrast, Barnard College is a member of (P463) Annapolis Group (Q4767967).) Currently we don't have a property for such relationship.
- A sports team affiliated to another - this is parent club (P831).
- Sometimes a organization that is part of (part of (P361)) another or owned by (owned by (P127)) another may also be called "affiliated to" another, which is a misnomer. Previously we have a property for this (since deleted).
- I don't think affiliation (P1416) is necessarily limited to (1). Some clubs are affiliated in various ways with other organizations without being (4) or member of (P463). I'm not sure if the currently proposed English label covers all of (2). For some, the link is primarily the location even if they may participate in some collaboration with the affiliated entity. That the organization is a student organization can be added in P31. --- Jura 16:35, 15 February 2019 (UTC)
- Support per GZWDer –MJL ‐Talk‐☖ 19:00, 16 April 2019 (UTC)
- Support. An important property for education.--Arbnos (talk) 14:53, 24 April 2019 (UTC)
- Support.--Vulphere 05:51, 26 May 2019 (UTC)