Quick and specific tasks that need some human time. Add new tasks and/or get some done!
- Clean up Q101242196 (move wikilinks to Q104412033)
- Propose properties for the different naming systems of SARS-CoV-2 variants (notably https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GISAID, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phylogenetic_Assignment_of_Named_Global_Outbreak_Lineages and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nextstrain)
- Add notable variants (see what is missing in Wikidata:WikiProject COVID-19/Portal/Variants, contrast with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variants_of_SARS-CoV-2)
- Craft a property to link vaccine types to the superclass that is related to technology (e.g. attenuated virus, mRNA vaccine, etc)
- Craft a property to link vaccine types to adjuvants used in the formulation.
- Organize subsidiary COVID-19-related Wikipedia pages (set proper "instance of" statements, map as "facet of" the main pandemic items.
Programmatic (or semi-programmatic)Edit
- Update vaccine types on Wikidata, maybe via Milken's Institute table: https://airtable.com/shrSAi6t5WFwqo3GM/tblEzPQS5fnc0FHYR/viweyymxOAtNvo7yH?blocks=bipZFzhJ7wHPv7x9z
- Some Python code towards that: https://github.com/lubianat/wikidata_covid19/tree/bf59badbf645c898f5517fffe4a91f67cba46bf5/sandbox/vaccine_candidates
- Create a gadget to disambiguate a random COVID-19-related article (some progress here)
Edits on outbreak itemsEdit
- Want to help now? Fix missing/wrong information in outbreak items. You can check an outbreak x property matrix with this query:
- This maintsuchenance query will help you see the most recent statistics per country and focus on update the ones that lack behind the most (where the cells are empty there is no data for the date listed and should be fixed).
Tasks on lexemesEdit
- Add COVID-19-related words and phrases as Wikidata lexemes
- paste relevant pieces of text into https://tools.wmflabs.org/ordia/text-to-lexemes, choose your language and then explore which lexemes and forms already exist and which are missing.
Queries to improveEdit
- Improve the query Wikidata:WikiProject_COVID-19/Queries#Properties_used_in_COVID-19_items_for_outbreaks so it resembles more Wikidata:WikiProject_Lighthouses/numbers#Property_count.
Topics needing curationEdit
- Curate publications about COVID-19 and related subjects
- Via Scholia profiles and their respective /missing pages
- Via Wikidata:Author Disambiguator
- Free style — these examples can easily be adapted
- Curate clinical trials. Various lists exists:
Parts of the project to writeEdit
- Create the parts of this WikiProject concerning:
- Scientific publications about the COVID-19 pandemic, COVID-19 and SARS-CoV-2.
- Relevant legislation/regulations:
- Model legislation/regulations related to pandemics and national emergencies on a per-administrative area basis.
- Allow querying of changes made to legislation/regulations due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Economic and social impacts:
- Add statements to administrative areas modelling the closure of borders (including internal borders) and restrictions imposed on freedom of movement (social distancing).
- Add statements to schools, museums, public events, shop chains, etc modelling their closure and cancellation due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Add statements to flight and sea routes with dates of suspension/cancellation of routes including metrics on passenger arrivals of quantity of cargo shipped.
- Media coverage:
- Create items for news articles from media outlets around the world and link them to relevant COVID-19 pandemic items in Wikidata.
- Panic buying and supply chain challenges:
- Model the items targeted by panic buying in different geographic regions.
- Model manufacturing facilities impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic or relevant to supply chains subject to panic buying.
- Testing procedures:
- Model test procedures used to detect SARS-CoV-2 and the number of times these tests had been conducted per-date and per-administrative area.
Comment on propertiesEdit
- Property suggestion:
- Wikidata:Property proposal/Chinese Clinical Trial Registry identifier. Many clinical trials of COVID-19 relevans are Chinese and registered in the Chinese clinical trials registry. I would be nice to have an identifier to keep track of the information.
- Add missing categories for newly added Commons images related to COVID-19
Partially closed TasksEdit
- Add the virus genes and proteins.
- Done for proteins with structures in Protein Data Bank (Q766195). See Wikidata:WikiProject_COVID-19/Items#Items related to the biology of the SARS-CoV-2 (Q82069695)
- Awesome, thanks! I created a SPARQL query for it: https://egonw.github.io/SARS-CoV-2-Queries/sparql/virusProteinsPDB.code.html --Egon Willighagen (talk) 21:51, 19 March 2020 (UTC)
- I added one gene, and have all of them in this pathway with NCBI Gene identifiers: https://www.wikipathways.org/index.php/Pathway:WP4846 I have pinged Andrawaag (talk • contribs • logs) and asked him if he could use there GeneWiki bot to add all known genes of all coronaviruses. I hope he can find time for that. --Egon Willighagen (talk) 21:50, 19 March 2020 (UTC)
- Create a dashboard with outbreak items on rows and the properties of Wikidata:WikiProject_COVID-19/Data_models/Outbreaks on the columns.
- The idea is to be able to curate which properties are missing for those items. Similar to Wikidata:WikiProject_Medicine/Data_models/Vaccines#Items.