Welcome to Wikidata Project Fashion!
The purpose of this project is to improve Wikidata's coverage of fashion and clothing across all cultures and time periods.
Info You can use AutoEdit tool to add quickly label and description on WikiProject Fashion in many languages.
- Discover and discuss existing ontologies and vocabularies for clothing and related concepts.
- Identify or build a taxonomy for clothing and fashion-related items in Wikidata
- Recommend standard minimum statement sets for subclasses of clothing (Q11460)
Main items edit
- fashion (Q12684): popular style or practice in clothing, personal adornment, or decorative arts
- costume (Q9053464): wardrobe and dress in general
- clothing (Q11460): covering worn on the body
- clothing industry (Q11828862): industry encompassing the design, manufacturing, wholesaling and retailing of clothes [fashion industry, garment industry, apparel industry]
- dress (Q28955655): clothing as a cultural concept; costume prescribed as appropriate for a specific social and cultural context
The references list has been moved to Tools & Tips.
Fashion thesaurus images edit
The participants listed below can be notified using the following template in discussions:
- PKM (talk)
- Wittylama (talk)
- Thierry Caro ( * talk)
- Ainali (talk)
- Spinster 💬 13:02, 6 March 2017 (UTC)
- Pharos (talk)
- Jane023 (talk) 07:22, 18 March 2017 (UTC)
- Tris T7 TT me
- Fuzheado (talk) 11:28, 25 June 2019 (UTC)
- Camelia (talk) 04:51, 31 July 2019 (UTC)
- Arkirkland (talk) 14:48, 7 September 2019 (UTC)
- NettieLibrarian (talk) 15:46, 19 May 2020 (UTC)
- Shani Evenstein (talk) 21:58, 9 February 2022 (UTC)
- Samantha Levin, MSLIS (talk) 17:44, 8 February 2021 (UTC)
- Lukutroel (talk) 12:14, 06 November 2021 (UTC)
- Wallacegromit1 (talk) 13:20, 5 June 2022 (UTC)