Aim and Scope edit
The aim of the present project is to create a comprehensive database of fountains...
The project more specifically serves to coordinate the following activities:
- the creation of an inventory of all existing public databases that contain data about fountains;
- the ingestion of data about fountains into Wikidata;
- the enhancement and completion of such data;
- the use of the data to create maintenance lists on Wikipedia;
- the inclusion of the data into Wikipedia and its sister projects, such as in infoboxes or lists.
The city of Zürich has an open data set of 1200 fountains https://data.stadt-zuerich.ch/dataset/showcases/brunnen . A project funded by the fondation https://my-d.org aims at illustrating them. The project decided to first import the data into wikidata. That done the application is no longer limited to Zürich, but can be extended to any place of the world.
Next steps as of August 2018: make it more interdisciplinary, e.g. add results of chemical or biological water analysis of fountains according to the principles of open (citizen) science.
Ways to Contribute edit
- Import data sets of fountains of your city / county - see https://github.com/mmmatthew/import2wikidata
Once in the app, there will be abundant contribution guidelines on a per fountain level
Case Reports edit
The participants listed below can be notified using the following template in discussions:
Related WikiProjects edit
Related Projects on Wikidata edit
Related Projects on Wikipedia edit
See also edit
- The fountains in Basel visualized on a map
- Map of fountains or water wells in the city and municipality of Bern made with F/OSS tool uMap provided by OpenStreetMap Switzerland SOSM (Status: Under construction)
potential synergies edit