Wikidata:WikiProject Linked Data for Production
Aim and ScopeEdit
The aim of Linked Data for Production's Wikidata project work is an in-depth exploration of how Wikidata could serve as a platform for publishing, linking and enriching library linked data.
Linked Data for Production Phase 2 (LD4P2) partner institutions (Cornell University, Harvard University, Stanford University, and the University of Iowa's School of Library and Information Science), in collaboration with the Library of Congress and the Program for Cooperative Cataloging (PCC), are building a pathway for the cataloging community to begin shifting to linked data to describe library resources. Better integration of library metadata and identifiers with the Web through collaboration with Wikidata has been identified as a priority.
Contributors and Contact InformationEdit
Chicagohil - Hilary Thorsen, Wikimedian in Residence - email@example.com
- Arthur Freedman Collection Project - documentation, tasks, queries, and other information for librarians, musicians, and Boston music enthusiasts to describe bands and venues relevant to recordings in Harvard Library's Arthur Freedman Collection
- Guido Adler Collection Project - documentation, tasks, queries, and other information for musicologists and other researchers to explore the connections between the musicologist, Guido Adler, and his colleagues and students as represented in annotations and dedications in books and other publications which were part of his personal library
- Harvard Film Archive Project - documentation, tasks, queries, and other information for librarians, filmmakers, film researchers and enthusiasts to describe film directors and films held by the Harvard Film Archive.
- Practical Wikidata for Librarians - projects, tasks, documentation, ideas, queries, and other information to help librarians and other GLAM folks start working in Wikidata.
- Scanned Maps in Wikimedia Commons and Wikidata Project
- Stanford Libraries Wikidata Working Group - documentation, data models, tasks, queries, and other information related to Stanford Wikidata projects
- Wikibase and WBStack Working Hours - The LD4 Wikibase / WBStack working hour seeks to create a space for GLAM professionals experimenting with Wikibase/WBStack implementation, the software that Wikidata is based on, to learn collaboratively and share tips, tools, and resources.
How to Create a Cradle TemplateEdit
When setting up a template for Cradle, prepare by gathering the properties. Order from the most common properties (like P31) to properties which may not be used for every record but are still relevant enough to include. While Cradle doesn't do references, it does understand certain kinds of expectations for fields, e.g. a Time or a URL or an Identifier.
- Define Header 2 for new section: use double
==to surround data.
- Put each Property on a new line, beginning with a
- To make a field mandatory, put
|mandatoryat the end.
- To limit or suggest possible values for a property, use either
:hardselect:to create a required set of values or
:softselect:to create a suggested set of values (while still allowing the person creating the item to search). Separate possible values with commas (no space). e.g.:
;P31:hardselect:Q5|mandatoryInstance of: Human. mandatory. No other option.
;P31:softselect:Q1643932,Q160738,Q16645768|mandatoryInstance of: tabletop role-playing game, or role-playing game, or storygame. Mandatory. But you can fill in another option.
;P39:softselect:Q723682,Q1240569,Q212071,Q1255921,Q140686Instance of: dean, professor emeritus, rector, president, chair person. Not mandatory. You can fill in another option.
Sample Cradle TemplateEdit
The following is the sample Cradle template I created for tabletop role-playing games:
- == tabletop role-playing game ==
LD4-Wikidata Affinity GroupEdit
This space is no longer being updated. Go to the LD4 Wikidata Affinity Group WikiProject for the latest information.
Community discussion forum for Wikidata related topics with the goal of understanding how the library can contribute to and leverage Wikidata as a platform for publishing, linking, and enriching library linked data.
The group will meet biweekly to discuss various aspects of Wikidata in support of the partner and cohort institution projects involving Wikidata. At each meeting, Hilary (Wikimedian in Residence) or a guest will present some relevant material related to the topic and we’ll discuss any issues members have encountered as well as helpful resources.
Anyone is welcome to join the group.
Calls biweekly, Tuesdays, 9am PDT / 12pm EDT / 16:00 UTC / 6pm CEST starting April 23, 2019
See agendas for links to join: https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/LD4P2/LD4-Wikidata+Affinity+Group
Wikidata Working HoursEdit
February 3, 2020 at 8am PST / 11am EST / 16:00 UTC / 5pm CET
February 21, 2020 at 11:30am PST / 2:30pm EST / 19:30 UTC / 8:30pm CET
March 2, 2020 at 8am PST / 11am EST / 16:00 UTC / 5pm CET
March 20, 2020 at 11:30am PDT / 2:30pm EST / 18:30 UTC / 7:30pm CET
March 30, 2020 at 8am PDT / 11am EDT / 15:00 UTC / 5pm CEST
April 17, 2020 at 11:30am PDT / 2:30pm EST / 18:30 UTC / 8:30pm CEST
April 27, 2020 at 8am PDT / 11am EDT / 15:00 UTC / 5pm CEST
May 15, 2020 at 11:30am PDT / 2:30pm EDT / 18:30 UTC / 8:30pm CEST
May 29, 2020 at 11:30am PDT / 2:30pm EDT / 18:30 UTC / 8:30pm CEST
June 12, 2020 at 11:30am PDT / 2:30pm EDT / 18:30 UTC / 8:30pm CEST
June 22, 2020 at 8am PDT / 11am EDT / 15:00 UTC / 5pm CEST
July 10, 2020 at 12pm PDT / 3:00 pm EDT / 19:00 UTC / 9:00 pm CEST
July 20, 2020 at 8am PDT / 11am EDT / 15:00 UTC / 5pm CEST
August 7, 2020 at 11:30 am PDT / 2:30 pm EDT / 18:30 UTC / 8:30 pm CEST
August 17, 2020 at 8am PDT / 11am EDT / 15:00 UTC / 5pm CEST
September 4, 2020 at 11:30 am PDT / 2:30 pm EDT / 18:30 UTC / 8:30 pm CEST
September 14, 2020 at 8am PDT / 11am EDT / 15:00 UTC / 5pm CEST
October 2, 2020 at 11:30 am PDT / 2:30 pm EDT / 18:30 UTC / 8:30 pm CEST
October 12, 2020 at 8am PDT / 11am EDT / 15:00 UTC / 5pm CEST
October 30, 2020 at 11:30 am PDT / 2:30 pm EDT / 18:30 UTC / 8:30 pm CEST
November 9, 2020 at 8am PST / 11am EST / 16:00 UTC / 5pm CET