Wikidata talk:WikiProject Movies
- 1 Please join the discussion
- 2 Music videos
- 3 Modelling of hierarchical animation creation
- 4 Fast way of adding episode names to season items
- 5 Entering curated movie lists
- 6 Columbo (1): seasons
- 7 Columbo (2): character types
- 8 Bechdel test based on unreliable source
- 9 Random film items to improve
- 10 movies parts of a film festival edition (Q27787439)
Please join the discussionEdit
Seems we lack complete items for some of the popular ones. --- Jura 08:24, 20 April 2019 (UTC)
- Yeah, noticed that when I stumbled upon a few music video items a while ago. Wikipedia doesn't have many articles about music videos (resulting in few WD items being created) and it seems there's generally not much interest in these works. One of the problems I found is that we don't seem to have a good way to model the relationship between songs/singles and their music videos. These video items use based on (P144), which is rather generic and could mean many things, not necessarily "official music video". And there doesn't seem to be any link from the song items back to the music videos, so it's no wonder most editors don't even realize they exist.
- Also, very few film databases have entries for music videos. Looking around, I've found IMVDb (Q16985801) and mvdbase which could be used as new external ID properties. --Kam Solusar (talk) 14:55, 20 April 2019 (UTC)
- Good point. I found based on (P144) on one and used it on the others, but a better link can probably be made: Wikidata:Property proposal/music video.
- Wikipedia articles tend to combine the video with albums/songs/singles/remixes. I think users now attempt to avoid this in items.
- I had come across one of the sites you mentioned and added it with described at URL (P973): Q63238191#P973. --- Jura 09:52, 22 April 2019 (UTC)
Modelling of hierarchical animation creationEdit
Please give me an advice how to better model Happy Merry-Go-Round (Q4109736)? It has 48 annual vypusks (issue? release?), each is published as a whole animation film (~10 min) but consists of 2-4 sujets. Each sujet is also distributed as a separated short film (example: Antoshka (Q7475124)). If I create item per each issue how should I connect sujet-issue-whole franchise? --Infovarius (talk) 15:53, 21 June 2019 (UTC)
- @Infovarius: I think this could be modelled as a anthology film (Q336144); to connect the sujets to the film you could use part of (P361) and there is also number of parts of this work of art (P2635) for the number of short films in a vypusk. (I did something similar with Fantasia (Q943192)) . Valentina.Anitnelav (talk) 07:30, 7 August 2019 (UTC)
Fast way of adding episode names to season itemsEdit
- @Gonnym: You can use SPARQL to check for existing labels (https://w.wiki/5Ur or shorter: https://w.wiki/5Uu) and use QuickStatements to add episode names (with something like this
Q11096052|Len|"Pilot" Q10945181|Len|"Honor Thy Father" …
Entering curated movie listsEdit
Is there a preferred way to enter lists of movies curated by institutions, e.g. AFI's 100 Years...100 Movies. This particular list has two editions (1998 and 2007). Citizen Kane is the top movie in both of them. Could we add "part of series" in CK's entity item, reference the Q719345 entity with "series ordinal" set to 1? Or would we rather add "part of" to Q719345 with 100 entries, each pointing to one of the list entries? How could the different editions be specified? Is there any type of film list entered into Wikidata that might serve as an example?--22.214.171.124 18:19, 6 August 2019 (UTC)
Columbo (1): seasonsEdit
Thanks to No Time to Die (Q66619706), I noticed that we missed out on that series.
It has a few interesting aspects, notably that there seem to be different ways of slicing it into seasons. I solved this by creating two "season 10" items:
- Columbo, season 10(Q66664246): season of television series (all episodes of 1990 to 2003)
- and Columbo, season 10(Q3965275): season of television series (3 episodes from 1990-1991)
and setting one to preferred.
- the 10th season is 3 episodes, the other ones are special episodes. It's the English Wikipedia that should split the page --Lombres (talk) 11:59, 28 August 2019 (UTC)
Columbo (2): character typesEdit
On the episode items, I think this could be added with the object has role (P3831)-qualifier to the cast list. This leaves room for the "character role" being used for an item with the actual character. --- Jura 11:14, 22 August 2019 (UTC)
Bechdel test based on unreliable sourceEdit
A lot of films have the property has quality (P1552) with "fails the bechdel test" (Q45172088) or "passes the Bechdel Test" (Q45171911). For those of you who don't know what the Bechdel test is, see here. However, these statements are often based on only one reference, the website Bechdel Test Movie List (Q45150204, link), which is completely user-generated. It's actually a forum. The source is totally unreliable, so I would send a bot to delete all of the Bechdel test statements that cite that source, if we all agree --Lombres (talk) 12:05, 28 August 2019 (UTC)
- Is there any reliable source for this information? May be to delete the property completely? --Infovarius (talk) 14:46, 29 August 2019 (UTC)
Random film items to improveEdit
Notified participants of WikiProject Movies
As one of the project goals is to improve items, I added a random selection at
It picks from items with the lowest number of statements and should update daily.
movies parts of a film festival edition (Q27787439)Edit
I wanted to model the movies that are part of this year’s slash Filmfestival (Q27981131) (also have to create items for all these editions ^_^), but I have found neither guidelines nor example items where this is done. Would that be in scope? And how would we do it? Most obvious would be has part (P527) but if I recall correctly it has a mandatory inverse property, and I could not find any good subproperty of it (tracklist (P658) nor list of works (P1455) have different domains).