|This user account is a bot with a bot flag. It is operated by FelixReimann.|
This bot is used to mass add taxonomic data based on third party literature and taxonomic databases.
If you want to add taxonomic data based on citable sources, there is a simple syntax available which can control this bot.
- Choose one scientific article you want to add.
- Create an item for the article to be referenced: Annotated checklist of the recent and extinct pythons (Serpentes, Pythonidae), with notes on nomenclature, taxonomy, and distribution (Q14405740)
- Create the hierarchy as given by the article. This can be written in wiki syntax, as this is easiest for human input. See example.
- Create the hierarchy with *** (see example)
- Add the taxon name or ? in case of incertae sedis
- The taxon authors string is surrounded by "": "(Gray & Linnaeus, 1766)"
- The rank can be defined by a hash followed by the latin name of the rank: #species
4. Inform me and the bot will start
- Annotated checklist of the recent and extinct pythons (Serpentes, Pythonidae), with notes on nomenclature, taxonomy, and distribution (Q14405740): 32/52 taxa added. Several subspecies have no item yet.
- A phylogeny and revised classification of Squamata, including 4161 species of lizards and snakes (Q13416674): 1113/1151 taxa added. Some monotypic genus have no item yet.
- World Odonata List (Q13561342): 6639/6651 taxa added. Some species have no item yet.
- Checklist of Chelonians of the World (Q14565809) Several subspecies have no item yet.