Welcome to Wikidata, संजीव कुमार!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Can you translate and upload en:Template:Administrative divisions of Azerbaijan and en:Administrative divisions of Azerbaijan in Hindi Wikipedia?
Merging of ItemsEdit
Hello! I saw, that you moved a lot of sitelinks of duplicate entries to the appropriate item. Thank you very much. However you should also move the labels and the descriptions and place a request for the deletion of the duplicate, now empty item. Help:Merge gives you more information about merging items. The most convenient way of merging is to use the gadget "Merge" which you can activate at: Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-gadgets. --Alexander.Meier (talk) 12:49, 7 June 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks Alexander! I was also thinking to search something like. Now I will see the links given by you and try to follow it.--Sanjeev Kumar (talk) 13:21, 7 June 2013 (UTC)
I want to thank you again for finding a lot duplicates and moving the sitelinks. I also noticed that you already used the Merge-gadget successfully. I checked Special:Contributions/संजीव_कुमार and completed all mergers, which you initiated by moving the "hi" and "new" sitelinks into the appropriate item until yesterday. I ask you to do the complete merger by yourself in the future. That means that when you move the sitelinks, you should also move the labels to the new item. If the old item remains with no sitelinks you should also request the deletion of the old item. It may sound a bit difficult, but with the gadget it's really easy. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me. --Alexander.Meier (talk) 14:23, 11 June 2013 (UTC)
- I have one question. If I am doing this work from wididata site then it is fine with me. But most of the time I am doing the same thing directly from Hindi wiki where it shows directly a box in which I am putting the wiki name and url. In this case it will delete the link from old wikidata page and connect it on new one and after that I am not able to find the old link. Can you please let me know how can I solve this problem.
- Sometimes I am doing this work where there are more than one sites added with one wikidata link in this case I started merging the pages. It is easy also for me. Another thing you told about some labels in items. So I would like to say that there I didn't saw any labels in Hindi links. These I found in English and other wiki links so I don't think I have to worry about this because I am transferring from Hindi to another language.--Sanjeev Kumar (talk) 14:44, 11 June 2013 (UTC)
- Ok, now I understand your problem. I think it is a problem of Wikipedia, that there is no link to the Wikidata-item, when there is only one sitelink. I use a en:Bookmarklet to visit the Wikidata from the Wikipedia page. The code is:
- I think it would be the best solution to install this bookmarklet into your browser, use it to find the Wikidata-items and then perform the merger by using the gadget. (normally you should merge to the lower Q-id; To be careful you should check Special:WhatLinksHere)
- Alternatively you could move the link as you had done it before and check your Special:Contributions/संजीव_कुमार to find out from which item the link was removed.
- In the items from which you remove the sitelinks there are Hindi-labels. They are mostly the same as the title of the article on Wikipedia. Labels are important for displaying the title on other items (for example on an item about a film you can see the names (labels) of the actors and not just the q-id.) and for the search function (which unfortunately does not work with non-english characters at the moment). For example there is a Hindi-label at Q12425446 which should be moved to Q3676086. Wikidata:Tools#LabelLister is a useful gadget for editing labels and Help:Descriptions. --Alexander.Meier (talk) 15:30, 11 June 2013 (UTC)
Could you please limit the number of bulk requests you post on the Deletion Request page. The current number of 13 parts contains to much templates for the parser to transclude them all. As a result part 10 and above aren't parsed correctly and give display problems. Mbch331 (talk) 19:33, 17 June 2015 (UTC)
- @Mbch331: Actually, I don't know why it is happening. I didn't make it wrong. Now, I would like to know whether I should keep one bulk request at a time? When that will be deleted then shall I make another. Because, I saw in archive that my bulk requests has been archived without deletion. I can understand that these were not looking fine. Shall I request again for all of them one by one?☆★Sanjeev Kumar (talk) 07:08, 18 June 2015 (UTC)
- They were archived because I marked part 1 as done (expecting it to archive part 1 and maybe solve the display issue). Better do them one by one (not the items 1 by 1, but the parts 1 by 1). That way the display problems won't occur. The display problems affect all request after you as well. Mbch331 (talk) 07:24, 18 June 2015 (UTC)
Can you create the article en:Energy in Azerbaijan in Hindi Wikipedia?