Welcome to Wikidata, Chakka Madhumitha!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask on Project chat. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Indian independence day data-thon Halfway messageEdit
Thanks for joining the Indian independence day data-thon (15-22 August 2019). We are at the middle point, and three and a half days to go before we end this year's iteration. This year we tried adding a variety of tasks, please see here: Wikidata:WikiProject India/Events/Indian Independence Day 2019. If you have questions, please let us know in the event talk page, or at India noticebaord.
Appreciation/Prizes: We are elated to see your enthusiastic participation. This year we are planning to gift some small token of appreciations (such as Wikidata stickers etc.) to the top-performing contributors during the event. The exact details will be announced after the edit-a-thon. For logistical reason, we may not send these items outside India at this moment.
You received this message as you are a participant of Indian Independence data-thon, 2019. If you don't want to receive further messages, please remove your name from here