Wikidata:WikiProject Linked Data for Production/2020-08-07 Wikidata Working Hour
August 7, 2020 Wikidata Working HourEdit
Friday, August 7, 2020 at 11:30 am PDT / 2:30 pm EDT / 18:30 UTC / 8:30 pm CEST
Join via Zoom: https://stanford.zoom.us/j/92959915297?pwd=RURMZG1xc2tZemQycWlHbHpVTytEZz09 Password: 772289
Create a Wikimedia account if you don't already have one
What to expectEdit
This session will cover:
- What you need to know about Wiki markup (or Wikitext) to edit comfortably enough in most situations
- Topics are broken out by task (e.g. formatting, linking, communicating with other editors) and include exercises
- We will cover templates in greater depth during August's second Wikidata Working Hours session (Monday 17th).
- Tips and tricks for making Wiki markup editing work for you
This session will be useful if:
- You have mostly edited Wikipedia (or some other Wikimedia project) with the Visual Editor, and have limited experience with the text (source) editor
- You find the source view of Wikimedia projects confusing or complicated
- You are somewhat familiar with the content, but wish to revisit it or just want some practice
- You're a Wiki markup master but you've stepped away for six years and would like a refresher
What you will needEdit
This page! Its content (and its discontents...) will be compiled into documentation in the coming week.
You will also need your Wikipedia sandbox. More on this in the link above.
Login to the Event Dashboard with your Wikimedia account to keep track of your edits today.
We'll be working on Wiki markup-based editing on Media-Wiki.