Types of OntologiesEdit
- upper ontology: An upper ontology is an ontology which connect several domain ontologies.
- domain ontology: A domain ontology represents concepts which belong to specific field where terms are clearly identified.
Characteristics of OntologiesEdit
Parts of OntologiesEdit
An ontology is composed of:
- individuals known as instances
- properties which link individuals amongst themselves
- classes defined as sets containing individuals
- A class hierarchy is called a taxonomy.