Wikidata:WikidataCon 2017/Submissions/Using Wikipedia Zero to increase coverage of Suriname in Wikidata
- Submission no. 67
- Title of the submission
- Author(s) of the submission
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Type of session
- Length of session
- 10 min
In 52 countries, through 68 operators, Wikipedia Zero offer free access to Wikidata (and the sister projects of the Wikimedia Foundation). In a recent trip to Suriname (Q730) I was able to add items to Wikidata and Wikicommons using a tablet and a MIFI router. The following image for example depicts the Leo fall (Q29383149) and data was added at location
In this talk, I want to address how Wikipedia Zero can be used in a more structural manner and what additionally is needed to increase coverage of remote area's or less covered regions.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- The attendees will take away how Wikidata can be used in remote area's.
- Slides or further information
- Special requests