|On this page, old discussions are archived after 30 days. An overview of all archives can be found at this page's archive index. The current archive is located at Help talk:Merge/Archive 1.|
Open questions about unmerging : what to do about changes that occured after the merge ?Edit
Question How to find usage of the item in statements created after the merge and check them ? How to check the new sitelinks to see on which item they should be linked ? – The preceding unsigned comment was added by TomT0m (talk • contribs) at 3. 11. 2015, 12:21 (UTC).
Merge "Medical disclaimer" or notEdit
- Template:Medical disclaimer (Q5616976) links to several projects, but doesn't to en-WP
- Template:No medical advice (Q25970205) links to en-WP only.
Perhaps they are candidates for merging. But I'm in doubt. For more information see Zweifel, wo Zusammenlegen angebracht ist (de). I'ld be happy if you'ld answer the question in German. Thank you very much, Juetho (talk) 10:22, 5 March 2019 (UTC)
Help:Merge#Gadget currently says
- "To use it, open either the recipient or obsolete item, go to the drop-down menu to the left of 'Search' in the top bar..."
Help with merging "Green Bank Telescope (Q1544579)" and "Green Bank Observatory (Q50414869)"Edit
Greetings and felicitations. I am unfamiliar with Wikidata, and so I am asking for help in merging two apparent duplicates: Green Bank Telescope (Q1544579) and Green Bank Observatory (Q50414869)—please. (I've read the Help page's instructions, but they are a bit beyond me. :-/) —DocWatson42 03:53, 12 August 2019 (UTC)
- These are no duplicates at all. The former is telescope, the latter observatory (one part of the other). In brief, the instructions advise enabling a gadget or using a form. --Matěj Suchánek (talk) 07:52, 12 August 2019 (UTC)
- Pardon me—Wikipedia (with which I am most familiar) does list the telescope, and the observatory (as an organization), which I forgot along the way. It seemed to me at the time that Wikidata treated both as physical installations (one of which happens to be apart of the other), and that the existence of two articles/entries was a mistake. As for the instructions, I enabled the gadget, but it failed to merge the two, and I'm afraid I missed the link to the form. —DocWatson42 (talk) DocWatson42 (talk) 13:49, 12 August 2019 (UTC)