Hi I'm Ambrosia10. I'm interested particularly in Women in Science and New Zealand endemic species. I'm definitely still learning.
Query page can be found here.
Work currently being undertakenEdit
Working through the Biodiversity Heritage Library dataset in Mix'n'Match to assist with the linking of metadata within that digital library and Wikidata. Adding images to Wikicommons and linking them to Wikidata via their creators - with an emphasis on women scientific illustrators. See this for NZ women artists.
Should also work on making sure the women in this https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=mdp.39015011940858 publication are in Wikidata.
Dataset to possibly work on see https://nztcs.org.nz/ Need to appropriately model this first! Then run it by others.
- https://w.wiki/5d4 Images of endemic species of New Zealand
- https://w.wiki/6k$ NZ Women artists
- https://w.wiki/BLz New Zealand museums
- https://w.wiki/Bsr New Zealand artists whose work will be in New Zealand public domain in 2020
- https://w.wiki/Bsv Leaves of Grass book and it's editions
- https://w.wiki/DLg Women scientific illustrators
- https://w.wiki/RdH Female botanists and botanical collectors born<1900, sorted by number of sitelinks, with some related info
Queries to work onEdit
Notes to selfEdit
GOOD EXAMPLE FOR PRESENTATIONS!: NAME AUTHORITY George Eiby
- For illustrators contributing to work see P3919 - contributed to published work
- For example of newspaper reference see Douglas Noël Adams entry.
- For model on how to cite scientific paper see this.
- See lion  for a model to add more detailed data to particular species in Wikidata.
- See this for basionym use and this for its inverse
- See this for an example of how to deal with subspecies in Wikidata.
- See  for discussion on how to deal with books split into volumes.
- See Q60572861 as an example for extra info regarding married and birth names.
- See this for things to try out!
- See this (No. 42)  discussion started by Quentin re scientific names
- See this toolcalled cradle to help manually create wikidata items.
Examples of scientific articlesEdit
Try this one first.
Examples of scientific book propertiesEdit
This tool is fabulous for adding works
See Cradle tool
Examples of synonym of speciesEdit
- original combination (P1403) see this
- publication in which this taxon name was established (P5326)
- taxon author citation (P6507)
See this for how to add in original description of species and making reference to BHL page id. Could also add BHL bibliographic id too?
See this item Q1356297 as an example for Copyright status!!!
See this item Q1462485 as an example of an appropriately modelled copyright dispute.
See this as an example of how to deal with copyrighted material.
See this example of copyright owned by will recipient.
Example of iNaturalist reference for source of imageEdit
Remember about host and especially Monja Q10253316 
Example for BHL citation See this
See this as a model for BHL handwritten field books, particularly those that are in the Smithsonian Field Book Project. For scientific papers don't forget how important the "Main subject" property is - see for example this query
See Wikidata Property P6605 Plant Illustrations artist ID for when putting BHL illustrators into Wikidata.
See this for BHL women illustrators
Slide that may help replicate Wikidata Wales images projectEdit
Also check out "Wikidata:Projects" as they have very useful documentation!
Remember to write, record and DOCUMENT if you decide to self create a project!
New Zealand queryEdit
See this for info on different years of NZ. Also UNION is "or"!
Use this property as a qualifier of a common name or taxon name statement rather than stand alone.
American Women's History InitiativeEdit
See Josephine Mason Milligan Q66503677 as an example
Open Refine editing resourcesEdit